I keep getting bumped off my home wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 10:38:03 PM

I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in the
"Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click the wireless
network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5 minutes. Any
suggestions???
June 13, 2005 11:50:37 PM

Mike J wrote:

> I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in
> the "Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click
> the wireless network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5
> minutes. Any suggestions???

1. Try a different channel on your router.
2. Make sure you renamed your SSID to something other than the router's
default. You may be connecting to someone else's router with the same
default SSID.

If that doesn't fix it, then post back with more details about your
wireless connection - your hardware, if you ever had a successful
connection experience and if yes, what changed, etc.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Nevermind. I called the wireless router mnufacturer. They had me change
channels and the name I used for the SSID and that took care of the problem.
They also sugessted keeping the router at least 18 inches from the monitor
and from cordless phones.