I keep getting bumped off my home wireless network

I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in the
"Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click the wireless
network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5 minutes. Any
suggestions???
2 answers Last reply
More about bumped home wireless network

    Mike J wrote:

    > I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in
    > the "Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click
    > the wireless network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5
    > minutes. Any suggestions???

    1. Try a different channel on your router.
    2. Make sure you renamed your SSID to something other than the router's
    default. You may be connecting to someone else's router with the same
    default SSID.

    If that doesn't fix it, then post back with more details about your
    wireless connection - your hardware, if you ever had a successful
    connection experience and if yes, what changed, etc.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Nevermind. I called the wireless router mnufacturer. They had me change
    channels and the name I used for the SSID and that took care of the problem.
    They also sugessted keeping the router at least 18 inches from the monitor
    and from cordless phones.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Mike J wrote:
    >
    > > I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in
    > > the "Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click
    > > the wireless network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5
    > > minutes. Any suggestions???
    >
    > 1. Try a different channel on your router.
    > 2. Make sure you renamed your SSID to something other than the router's
    > default. You may be connecting to someone else's router with the same
    > default SSID.
    >
    > If that doesn't fix it, then post back with more details about your
    > wireless connection - your hardware, if you ever had a successful
    > connection experience and if yes, what changed, etc.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic"

Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking