Chaintech opinions?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:13:27 -0500, "Barry" <barryg@highstream.net>
wrote:

>Anyone have any opionions on, or experience with chaintech motherboards?

I bought a Slot 1 CT-6ATA2 many years ago. Up until a couple of weeks
ago it was the board around which this computer was built. Never had
any hardware issues with it, and found the support network was pretty
good when it came to queries.
I only swapped it out 'cos I picked up an AMD2400 and an Elite
mo'board to suit...but I've half a mind to go back to it, unless I can
pick up a better board for this chip.

Personally, I'd buy Chaintech again of the strength of my experiences.

Or Asus..or Gigabyte...or Abit...

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:13:27 -0500, "Barry"
<barryg@highstream.net> wrote:

>Anyone have any opionions on, or experience with chaintech motherboards?

They're a low end board, sometimes quirky but a bit better
than PCChips. Wouldnt' take one over an MSI, Abit, Asus,
Gigabyte or even Biostar though. It depends on the
particular board too though, some are better than others.
If you want the scoop on a particular board you might check
out some motherboard-oriented web forums like the one at
http://forums.pcper.com/