Where can I get an

pm

That was my first guess also. Gigabyte says to go through your local
dealer. Since I bought it online, the "local dealer" is many states away
and they say they have no source for them.

Any other guesses?

"John McGaw" <nobody@nowh.ere> wrote in message
> PM wrote:
>> I/O plate for a Gigabyte MB??
>
> As a first guess, I'd go to Gigabyte...
>
> --
> John McGaw
> [Knoxville, TN, USA]
> http://johnmcgaw.com

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:05:07 GMT, "PM"
<prmemail-news@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I/O plate for a Gigabyte MB??

It matters less that it's Gigabyte than it does which
specific model.

Please fully disclose information in your posts.

Since the plate itself is a standard form factor, just the
holes in it change, your options are to find "any" plate
that matches or is close (then cut any holes different as
needed), make your own (easier than it may seem if you've
done it before and have the tools), or do without one.

Ebay is another option, but don't only look for Gigabyte
plates, look for "any" and get one with correct holes for
the ports yours has.

kony wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:05:07 GMT, "PM"
> <prmemail-news@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I/O plate for a Gigabyte MB??
> >

> It matters less that it's Gigabyte than it does which
> specific model.
>
> Please fully disclose information in your posts.
>
> Since the plate itself is a standard form factor, just the
> holes in it change, your options are to find "any" plate
> that matches or is close (then cut any holes different as
> needed), make your own (easier than it may seem if you've
> done it before and have the tools), or do without one.
>
> Ebay is another option, but don't only look for Gigabyte
> plates, look for "any" and get one with correct holes for
> the ports yours has.

Why even bother with a plate?

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:42:49 +0100, Odie Ferrous
<odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Why even bother with a plate?

True, it's not always needed but there are still some
benefits to using one, like:

- Reduced EMI

- Control of airflow, or rather, maintaining correct
balanced flow

- Moderate structural support for ports

- Looks better

- They're typically labeled so less experienced users or
more easily recognize port functions, or anyone if the ports
are less common types or arrangements