Windows XP Media Centre Edition

Hi all,

Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about windows media centre edition

    On 21 Sep 2005 07:03:35 -0700, "Jack// ani"
    <nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
    >Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
    >my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...
    >
    >Thanks

    It is not an "upgrade", it is specifically for a Media
    Center PC and if your PC is solely used for Media, it might
    be useful. Otherwise it's not. It's still WinXP, security
    is still same issues as always.

    "Jack// ani" <nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
    > Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
    > my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...
    >
    > Thanks

    It's based on Windows XP Pro, with Media Center bolted on. Slighly cheaper
    than Pro too I think.

    Tony.

Homebuilt Hardware Windows XP Systems