Windows XP Media Centre Edition

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2005 11:03:35 AM

Hi all,

Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...

Thanks
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2005 7:18:27 PM

On 21 Sep 2005 07:03:35 -0700, "Jack// ani"
<nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
>Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
>my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...
>
>Thanks

It is not an "upgrade", it is specifically for a Media
Center PC and if your PC is solely used for Media, it might
be useful. Otherwise it's not. It's still WinXP, security
is still same issues as always.
September 21, 2005 10:27:22 PM

"Jack// ani" <nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anybody here using Windows XP Media Centre Edition....is it better than
> Windows XP professional. I want to know if it is really worth upgrading
> my WinXp professional. What about the security aspect...
>
> Thanks

It's based on Windows XP Pro, with Media Center bolted on. Slighly cheaper
than Pro too I think.

Tony.
!