Windows XP Pro home networking problem

Hi all,

I'm breaking my head on this problem for many days.....and finally
can't figure out the problem....I'm in great trouble please help
me.

Two of my machine running Windows XP is connected through as crossover
cable through ethernet card. I've configured everything
properly.....like....

Login as Administrator
Proper IP address
Same workgroup
Can ping from either computer
Disabled firewall(Zone Alarm/Windows)

I've shared the internet connection with windows ICS, which is also
working fine on the client computer....but unfortunately I cannot
access the shared files on either computers. Whenever I click icon of
the other computer in "My Network Place"
on the either computer it show a error...."\\Jack is inaccessible,
you might not have permission, contact your Network Administrator.
Access Denied"

Please help me...waiting for a reply

Thanks

steveh

"Jack// ani" <nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm breaking my head on this problem for many days.....and finally
> can't figure out the problem....I'm in great trouble please help
> me.
>
> Two of my machine running Windows XP is connected through as crossover
> cable through ethernet card. I've configured everything
> properly.....like....
>
> Login as Administrator
> Proper IP address
> Same workgroup
> Can ping from either computer
> Disabled firewall(Zone Alarm/Windows)
>
> I've shared the internet connection with windows ICS, which is also
> working fine on the client computer....but unfortunately I cannot
> access the shared files on either computers. Whenever I click icon of
> the other computer in "My Network Place"
> on the either computer it show a error...."\\Jack is inaccessible,
> you might not have permission, contact your Network Administrator.
> Access Denied"
>
> Please help me...waiting for a reply
>
> Thanks

Have you tried running the XP network wizard?

SteveH