Mame/Mess video problem.

Hi I am having the following problem running Mame (annd some systems on
Mess) :-

When running some Mame drivers (Scramble and Gauntlet 2 are examples), I
find that the emulated image is drawn partly off the top of the screen, so
only the bottom 2/3 are visible, for example in Scramble you can see all of
the play area but the scores at the top of the screen are not visible.

I am running Mame32 0.95, but the problem also occours in Mess32 0.99,
system is Windows XP Pro, SP2+updates, Direct X 9.0c, ATI Radeon X850, with
latest drivers from ATI. I think but am not sure, that this problem may
have manafested itself when I updated the video card drivers.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix ?

Cheers.

Phill.

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Prime wrote:
> Hi I am having the following problem running Mame (annd some systems on
> Mess) :-
>
> When running some Mame drivers (Scramble and Gauntlet 2 are examples), I
> find that the emulated image is drawn partly off the top of the screen, so
> only the bottom 2/3 are visible, for example in Scramble you can see all of
> the play area but the scores at the top of the screen are not visible.
>
> I am running Mame32 0.95, but the problem also occours in Mess32 0.99,
> system is Windows XP Pro, SP2+updates, Direct X 9.0c, ATI Radeon X850, with
> latest drivers from ATI. I think but am not sure, that this problem may
> have manafested itself when I updated the video card drivers.
>
> Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix ?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Phill.

it could just be a resolution that needs to be set with the On Screen
Display of your monitor. My monitor 'remembers' the settings for
different resolutions. Have you tried in those games using the OSD to
adjust the monitor so it lines up?

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making