MAME OS

I was curious what people would recommend for a MAME OS. I have a newly
built PC with no os on it yet. My plan is for this to only run MAME. My
only requirements is that the OS supports my two usb controllers and
that it be able to be displayed on a regular tv. My PC has video out
already working as it is built into the motherboard, so I do not know
if it will still need configuration or not. I would like it to be fast
booting, but I dont know what the average time is for a MAME OS to go
from startup to a MAME Menu.

I have not tried anything so far, but read up on AdvanceCD, Arcade OS,
and a few others. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank You.

hp

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"MattJackson86" <MattJackson86@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I was curious what people would recommend for a MAME OS. I have a newly
> built PC with no os on it yet. My plan is for this to only run MAME. My
> only requirements is that the OS supports my two usb controllers and
> that it be able to be displayed on a regular tv. My PC has video out
> already working as it is built into the motherboard, so I do not know
> if it will still need configuration or not. I would like it to be fast
> booting, but I dont know what the average time is for a MAME OS to go
> from startup to a MAME Menu.
>
> I have not tried anything so far, but read up on AdvanceCD, Arcade OS,
> and a few others. Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thank You.

I have a brand new bottom of the range PC with Maximus Arcade as the front
end. I think bootup is around the 15 seconds mark.
I have not installed any programs on this PC. All have been dropped ibto
folders so the bootup is still "virgin".

Have a look at my half finished website : www.freewebs.com/pujara