802.11g Wireless connection

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

Hi,

How does 802.11g wireless compare with a wired connection for a home
network? Is it about the same speed? I am contemplating getting an
802.11g to plug into my cable gateway/router so that I can connect a
computer with a built in wire capability (it is a feature of the
motherboard - an Asus A8V).

thanks,
Shane

no spam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How does 802.11g wireless compare with a wired connection for a home
> network? Is it about the same speed? I am contemplating getting an
> 802.11g to plug into my cable gateway/router so that I can connect a
> computer with a built in wire capability (it is a feature of the
> motherboard - an Asus A8V).
>
> thanks,
> Shane

mix it up,some 100mbs ethernet, some wifi, BUT, use WEP, on all wifi nets!

NO wifi is as fast as an ethernet, in total data packets sent/received,
error free!

And, add the wifi vulnerability to war driver leeches! I run dual
firewalls, on my net, with one dedicated to the wifi, that is WEP, and
password protected.