WG D9200 no picture

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Hello, I have a D9200 that's only about a year old, but the other day I
went to boot my mame box and got no picture from the D9200, although I
could hear the normal clicking sound when I powered it on, and when the
computer switched screen resolutions.

Is there something simple I can check? I assume it isn't a blown fuse,
or I wouldn't be hearing the clicks, right?

No glowing on the neck thingy, either. It's like the CRT is no longer
getting any power.

Help!
5 answers Last reply
More about d9200 picture
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    If you're hearing a constant clicking sound it be that the flyback is gone
    bad or that the you shorted the Horizontal Output Transistor. I had a
    monitor that had the constant clicking problem and replacing both of those
    fixed the problem.

    Adam

    "Netsirk" <netsirk@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have a D9200 that's only about a year old, but the other day I
    > went to boot my mame box and got no picture from the D9200, although I
    > could hear the normal clicking sound when I powered it on, and when the
    > computer switched screen resolutions.
    >
    > Is there something simple I can check? I assume it isn't a blown fuse,
    > or I wouldn't be hearing the clicks, right?
    >
    > No glowing on the neck thingy, either. It's like the CRT is no longer
    > getting any power.
    >
    > Help!

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Netsirk" <netsirk@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have a D9200 that's only about a year old, but the other day I
    > went to boot my mame box and got no picture from the D9200, although I
    > could hear the normal clicking sound when I powered it on, and when the
    > computer switched screen resolutions.
    >
    > Is there something simple I can check? I assume it isn't a blown fuse,
    > or I wouldn't be hearing the clicks, right?
    >
    > No glowing on the neck thingy, either. It's like the CRT is no longer
    > getting any power.
    >
    > Help!

    I ran into the same problem, same symptoms, and could hear the HOT working,
    but no high voltage and no neck glow. I called Wells Gardner because it was
    under warranty and I didn't want to leave the game down on location, and
    they told me to check some obscure components which I did but were all good.
    I took it back to the distributor for the warranty, ended up being a bad
    flyback, nothing else. Of course I can't say that this is your problem, but
    hopefully it'll help. Assuming that your HOT is good, you have no high
    voltage, and you have no neck glow (and the heater is derived from the
    flyback), that would be symptomatic of a flyback problem.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Thanks for your reply.
    But I didn't mean to say the clicking was constant, it only clicks
    once, after I start it. If I hook it up to a video source, I can hear
    it click once every time it changes the screen resolution. The sounds
    are just like they were when the monitor is working.

    But there is no "whine" and no neck glow, and I also don't think there
    is that power drain I expect when I turn it on initially (other lights
    in my house don't go dim for a second, if you know what I mean).
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Hey,
    I had a similar problem,
    and I replace a transistor on this board:

    http://www.wellsgardner.com/wellsgardner31/supportdata/PI279201%20REV%20D.pdf

    http://www.gatorcade.com/

    Netsirk wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > But I didn't mean to say the clicking was constant, it only clicks
    > once, after I start it. If I hook it up to a video source, I can hear
    > it click once every time it changes the screen resolution. The sounds
    > are just like they were when the monitor is working.
    >
    > But there is no "whine" and no neck glow, and I also don't think there
    > is that power drain I expect when I turn it on initially (other lights
    > in my house don't go dim for a second, if you know what I mean).
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.mame,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Thanks for your reply.

    I tried replacing those two transistors and it made no difference.

    My board revision is different than the one on that link you gave, but
    the components were identical, so I tried swapping out with equivalent
    transistors from Radio Shack.

    Still acting the same, I don't hear the whine I used to when the CRT
    powered up, the neck never glows.

    Any other secret links out there??

Games Video Video Games