WPA on Windows Configuration

I have multiple systems that I am trying to set up on our new corporate
wireless network. Some are giving me the option to set Network
Authentication to Open and Data encryption to WPA and some aren't. I need
to have it set this way in order for the wireless clients to connect.

One that works with no problems has a built in Truemobile 1350. Ones that
aren't have Truemobile 1300 and Belkin F5D7010. One thing to note on the
Belkin's (which I plan on calling Belkin about) is that Belkin's latest
(2.4.4) drivers do not work with the cards.

Is this a Windows thing or a wireless card driver issue that controls the
options Windows gives in it's configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my

Mike Brearley
2 answers Last reply
More about windows configuration

    I have seen this issue a number of times on XP SP2 and it is down to the
    driver. Old drivers for intgrated Dell / Intel cards only had WEP newer
    drivers fully support WPA.

    Hope this helps.

    "Mike Brearley" wrote:

    > I have multiple systems that I am trying to set up on our new corporate
    > wireless network. Some are giving me the option to set Network
    > Authentication to Open and Data encryption to WPA and some aren't. I need
    > to have it set this way in order for the wireless clients to connect.
    >
    > One that works with no problems has a built in Truemobile 1350. Ones that
    > aren't have Truemobile 1300 and Belkin F5D7010. One thing to note on the
    > Belkin's (which I plan on calling Belkin about) is that Belkin's latest
    > (2.4.4) drivers do not work with the cards.
    >
    > Is this a Windows thing or a wireless card driver issue that controls the
    > options Windows gives in it's configuration?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >

    > --
    > Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
    > were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
    > lack of caffeine.
    >
    > Mike Brearley

    Are there any third party apps that I can install that will give Windows the
    ability to support this method?

    --

    "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have seen this issue a number of times on XP SP2 and it is down to the
    > driver. Old drivers for intgrated Dell / Intel cards only had WEP newer
    > drivers fully support WPA.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >

    > "Mike Brearley" wrote:
    >
    >> I have multiple systems that I am trying to set up on our new corporate
    >> wireless network. Some are giving me the option to set Network
    >> Authentication to Open and Data encryption to WPA and some aren't. I
    >> need
    >> to have it set this way in order for the wireless clients to connect.
    >>
    >> One that works with no problems has a built in Truemobile 1350. Ones
    >> that
    >> aren't have Truemobile 1300 and Belkin F5D7010. One thing to note on the
    >> Belkin's (which I plan on calling Belkin about) is that Belkin's latest
    >> (2.4.4) drivers do not work with the cards.
    >>
    >> Is this a Windows thing or a wireless card driver issue that controls the
    >> options Windows gives in it's configuration?
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
    >> were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
    >> lack of caffeine.
    >>
    >> Mike Brearley

Wireless Belkin Wireless Networking