How long can a USB cable be and still work good ??

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

How long can a USB cable be and still work good ??

I just need it for a webcam. Which wont be in the PC room. Which is
about 15 metres away is the distance to where i want to place it.

Would their be any problems ??

The webcam is a USB 2 Device Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 if thats any
help :)

Thanks.

Philo

Paul GoodBar wrote:
> How long can a USB cable be and still work good ??
>

> I just need it for a webcam. Which wont be in the PC room. Which is
> about 15 metres away is the distance to where i want to place it.
>
> Would their be any problems ??
>
> The webcam is a USB 2 Device Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 if thats any
> help :)
>
> Thanks.

that cable is a bit long for a USB device
but chances are it will still work