What components should I get for my new PC?

soulz2003

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

I like to game a lot, and I had a good computer, back in the day. Now,
around 3 years later, the case is 3 year's old, and most of the other parts
are about 1-2 years. It's out dated, and the case, IMO, has poor heat
control.

I've research a decent amount into this, and I've been trying to get
other people's opinions, but haven't found a good place to do so.
Basically, I need recommendations on a budget, quality, very upgradeable
motherboard. If you could, please recommend PC hardware that is budget, and
quality. And, for the case, make sure that it's not to tall (Not over 20"),
and has plenty of room for the heat to flow within it when every component
is installed.

I would like to get two 250 GB HDD's, but I don't know if I'll need that
much space, and if it'll decrease the speed of my PC.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:51:25 -0300, soulz2003 <soulz2003@charter.net>
wrote:

> I like to game a lot, and I had a good computer, back in the day. Now,
> around 3 years later, the case is 3 year's old, and most of the other
> parts
> are about 1-2 years. It's out dated, and the case, IMO, has poor heat
> control.

built it yourself, or bought it?

> I've research a decent amount into this, and I've been trying to get
> other people's opinions, but haven't found a good place to do so.

vibecomputers.com, got a real decent forum.

> Basically, I need recommendations on a budget, quality, very upgradeable
> motherboard.

there's not a lot of upgrading you can do to a motherboard, besides ram
and processor, there's nothing you can upgrade on the vast majority of
boards. except, there's one amd board i've seen, probably lots more i
haven't, that has a socket for both a 754 and 939 processor, you could
upgrade from 754, but the prices are pretty close so upgrading would be
silly.

> If you could, please recommend PC hardware that is budget

get an msi.

> quality. And, for the case, make sure that it's not to tall (Not over
> 20"),
> and has plenty of room for the heat to flow within it when every
> component
> is installed.

http://www.codegengroup.com/03_products/index.asp?max_id_search=13&min_id_search=&pro_id_search=265
they're reasonably priced.

> I would like to get two 250 GB HDD's, but I don't know if I'll need
> that
> much space, and if it'll decrease the speed of my PC.

shouldn't, and yes, you eventually will, but tech may have moved on by the
time you do.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:51:25 -0700, "soulz2003" <soulz2003@charter.net>
wrote:

>I like to game a lot, and I had a good computer, back in the day. Now,
>around 3 years later, the case is 3 year's old, and most of the other parts
>are about 1-2 years. It's out dated, and the case, IMO, has poor heat
>control.
>
> I've research a decent amount into this, and I've been trying to get
>other people's opinions, but haven't found a good place to do so.
>Basically, I need recommendations on a budget, quality, very upgradeable
>motherboard. If you could, please recommend PC hardware that is budget, and
>quality. And, for the case, make sure that it's not to tall (Not over 20"),
>and has plenty of room for the heat to flow within it when every component
>is installed.
>
> I would like to get two 250 GB HDD's, but I don't know if I'll need that
>much space, and if it'll decrease the speed of my PC.

Check www.pricewatch.com for what you need and read reviews on the
store.I use either Asus or intel boards.As for your drives,7200 is
fast,10,000 is faster but costly.Either way, for gaming,get a MB that
you can set up a raid array between the 2 drives and also a decent
video card(512 or more).Get a good P\S with round cables,also round
Ide cables and a good cpu fan for optimum cooling.BTW-SATA drives are
faster than Ide but will cost more.Faster your drives,faster your
access speed,but it really depends on Mb,Processor,FSB and memory and
drives.Get a couple 160 gb's(about $70 ea.Fla. USA.) unless you need
the space.Ram is faster than your drives.

>Basically, I need recommendations on a budget, quality, very upgradeable
>motherboard.
Don't have any idea of what your budget is?