SATA 2 Native Command Cueing and Multi Tasking. Alot bette..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

SATA 2 Native Command Cueing and Multi Tasking. Alot better ???

I know the speed of SATA 2 is 300mbs. Not to fussed about that as we
are not even using the ATA 100 full bandwitdth yet :)

But i am interested on what effects NCQ has on responsivness of your
computer system. Will it make it much smoother.

Example coying a file and doinf somthing. That make my system grind
toa halt. Still can use it but much easier to leave it and wait.

Iam waiting to build a new 64 bit system. An Amd X2 with SATA 2 driver
sounds IDEAL.

I never want to see an Hour glass or my system slow down like it does
now.

Thanks for any info.
1 answer Last reply
More about sata native command cueing multi tasking alot bette
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

    Son Of Sheep. wrote:
    > SATA 2 Native Command Cueing and Multi Tasking. Alot better ???
    >
    > I know the speed of SATA 2 is 300mbs. Not to fussed about that as we
    > are not even using the ATA 100 full bandwitdth yet :)
    >
    > But i am interested on what effects NCQ has on responsivness of your
    > computer system. Will it make it much smoother.
    >
    > Example coying a file and doinf somthing. That make my system grind
    > toa halt. Still can use it but much easier to leave it and wait.
    >
    > Iam waiting to build a new 64 bit system. An Amd X2 with SATA 2 driver
    > sounds IDEAL.
    >
    > I never want to see an Hour glass or my system slow down like it does
    > now.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Used in a server with multiple users, NCQ offers some speed gains. In a
    desktop, not at all.

    Storage Review may have benchmarks for NCQ capable drives.

    WD Raptors, 37/74GB 10,000 RPM are your best. Four of them on a 3Ware
    controller are smoking.

Homebuilt SATA Command Prompt Systems