Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Apple UK Has to Publicy Apologise to Samsung for Lawsuit

Last response: in News comments
July 20, 2012 12:09:23 PM

I must have missed the part that defined sheepherding is cool.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:10:21 PM

Judging like a Birrs.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:12:30 PM

This could get interesting, a public apology like this it could be used worldwide, not only in the UK.
It could end Apple's frivolous lawsuits for good.

Score
July 20, 2012 12:18:43 PM

hah, i your face crapple, only retarded judges see the galaxy tab as an ipad
Score
July 20, 2012 12:34:07 PM

This makes me feel so happy. I like the designs Apple puts out, but I hate the constant lawsuits.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:34:57 PM

This is awesome. Fines only go so far. Publicly apologizing for misbehaving should always be part of a frivolous lawsuit punishment.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:38:29 PM

Awesome.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:42:48 PM

codefuapprenticeApple had this coming.....in the words of Nelson Muntz:http://www.beersoaked.com/blog/wp- [...] -muntz.jpgSorry, i just had to

I couldn't agree more.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:54:45 PM

This kind of reminds me of cartman on south park where he licks the tears off scott teatherman after making him eat his own parents.. o-o The sweet revenge samsung is getting..
Score
July 20, 2012 1:02:47 PM

Knowing how spiteful and backhanded Apple is they will probably comply with this in the most minimal fashion possible, by having the entire court ruling and transcript in 0.5 point font size and the same colour as the background, except the bit where it says "Samsung is not cool" where it will 'magically' become 72 point bold animated fire letters.
Score
July 20, 2012 1:09:27 PM

Now that is an interesting punishment.
Wondering if that can be used against Apple in other countries!
Score
July 20, 2012 1:29:16 PM

Expect a wave of thumbs down as the Applefags try to piss all over the comments
Score
July 20, 2012 1:34:14 PM

Apple will post on it's web page that Apples is sorry that the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool.
Score
July 20, 2012 1:51:22 PM

"The judge said that Samsung wasn't infringing upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool."

Seems like a Solomonic decision, just not to anger anybody... or try to please everyone (which in fact is an strange behaviour from a judge). Some Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark?

I feel the apology from apple will be quoting the "because samsung is not cool"...
If this is the candy for Apple, hope they also got a serious ear pull and advice to give up these patent wars...

Score
July 20, 2012 1:55:29 PM

I wish some patent judge will slap them with a HUGE HUGE fine to get them to stop wasting the courts time over trivial obsurded patent laws. Hit them with a $5 billion dollar fine, and state that the abuse of the patent laws cannot continue.
Score
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2012 2:04:39 PM

Apple will appeal this and win; Samsung is the one that needs to apologize for the blatant copying and theft!
Score
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2012 2:11:54 PM

Why is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone has 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.

Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!!
Score
July 20, 2012 2:18:01 PM

As much as i hate apple, i still need to remind myself apple is an american company. and sometime overseas market can be cocky at times. but at the end of the day we have to support what little we have left.
Score
July 20, 2012 2:45:55 PM

kcorp2003As much as i hate apple, i still need to remind myself apple is an american company. and sometime overseas market can be cocky at times. but at the end of the day we have to support what little we have left.

Well, half of it. "Proudly designed by Apple in California. Shamelessly build by Foxconn in Taiwan."
Score
July 20, 2012 3:05:54 PM

Apple only seems to win on US soil, probably because they're a US company.

Same old protectionism.

Apple et al should be banned from non US courts until the US sorts their IP laws out, as they are frankly ludicrous and keep raising frivolous cases against rivals.
Score
July 20, 2012 3:07:56 PM

samSTEAL2012Apple will appeal this and win; Samsung is the one that needs to apologize for the blatant copying and theft!

You forgot to put "/sarcasm" after your post, people have now incorrectly assumed that you are some brain dead, self-appointed Apple lawyer, Steve Jobs lovin' Mactard

/not really
Score
July 20, 2012 3:11:23 PM

Auck FppleWhy is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone has 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!!

Seriously, I have thumbed you up when no-one else has, this is the best use of sarcasm I have seen in ages and nobody gets that this is a joke post - well done
Score
July 20, 2012 3:13:57 PM

zak_mckrakenWell, half of it. "Proudly designed by Apple in California. Shamelessly build by Foxconn in Taiwan."

You missed the third part of that trinity:-
Designed by Apple
Built by Foxconn
Parts supplied by Samsung
Score
July 20, 2012 3:21:38 PM

Auck FppleWhy is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone has 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!!

Lol i read the first line and thumbed you down. Mistake. Your post actually made me laugh, of course i'm assuming sarcasm there.
Score
July 20, 2012 3:38:51 PM

Quote:
The judge said that Samsung wasn't infringing upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool.

hehehehh
patent wars have become utterly childish
Score
July 20, 2012 4:03:23 PM

Apple should just shut the fark up and compete like a real man...oh wait....Apple's new CEO is not really a man....
Score
July 20, 2012 4:30:57 PM

Entertaining how all the pro Apple comments get thumbs downed. Now I'm going to get thumbs downed :( .
Score
July 20, 2012 6:29:17 PM

kcorp2003As much as i hate apple, i still need to remind myself apple is an american company. and sometime overseas market can be cocky at times. but at the end of the day we have to support what little we have left.

The reason we have so little left is our Government made it happen.
Score
July 20, 2012 7:43:48 PM

I'm gonna use that apology as my wallpaper.
Score
July 20, 2012 7:45:21 PM

I hate apple with the same passion the mac fans hated PC in the 90's
Score
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2012 8:41:42 PM

Didn't Microsoft introduce the tablet PC in the first place?
Score
July 20, 2012 9:07:53 PM

Apple, much like the giant multinational corporations, don't give a shit about the country their from, especially Apple. They don't even pay their fair share of taxes and outsource jobs for christ's sake. Apple is no American company, they're a parasite that feeds off of America.
Score
July 20, 2012 9:13:52 PM

demarestThis is what happens when emotions get involved. Law is supposed to be slow, cold, and calculating. Inflicting shame onto others simply isn't what legal recourse is about. Regardless of how you feel about company X or Y, this should not be applauded.

Quite the opposite, in cases of burglary, rape, murder, the judges are advised that sentencing should reflect the guilty parties demonstrating genuine remorse - it is supposed to be about rehabilitation rather than punishment
OK this is a tech case but the principle applies fully, a financial penalty means absolutely nothing to Apple when it has more spare cash in the bank than the GDP of Ecuador
If an apology shows real contrition it will lend more weight to preventing similar events elsewhere in the world, because if they continue their actions in other markets then the UK judge can then order that the ordered apology is in fact false and there is no genuine remorse - he would then be inclined to bring a more punitive judgement against Apple in the form of perhaps an import embargo
Score
July 20, 2012 9:53:16 PM

I think someone called this would happen when the article of them patenting an ultrabook design was posted.
Score
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2012 10:06:52 PM

If Henry FORD Used Apple's mentally, He Would Have SUED All Other CAR Makers for Having A Steering-Wheel!
Score
July 20, 2012 10:17:11 PM

Ira93Didn't Microsoft introduce the tablet PC in the first place?

No, Apple invented it back in 1493, on the 1 year anniversary of the discovery of America, they also were the first to split the atom, discovered DNA, they also invented Velcro, Teflon, WD40, the radio, the television, invented electricity, built the pyramids, invented the wheel and fire.
Score
July 20, 2012 10:19:01 PM

Just a note, some people can't spot sarcasm if were painted bright orange - above is a what it looks like
^^^^^^^^
Score
July 20, 2012 10:30:55 PM

algiyuIf Henry FORD Used Apple's mentally, He Would Have SUED All Other CAR Makers for Having A Steering-Wheel!

True, about the patents, however still close to the same mentality. He would hire people to beat union organizers at a time when unions were a good thing. As soon a wallet is about to get lighter, stuff like what we've seen will always happen.
Score
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2012 10:31:32 PM

venur
I hate apple with the same passion the mac fans hated PC in the 90's

I suppose I would hate something too if I was envious of it and too poor to afford it. I would also likely post the same, tired troll comments online that have little to no merit and are repeated 300 times a day, and vote anyone down that felt otherwise all while foaming at the mouth and throwing such a fit it would wake up my grandparents (who I would live with, as my real parents would have kicked me out on my worthless butt years ago).

Not sarcasm - accurate description of the uneducated droid kid trolls that have ruined this site.
Score
July 20, 2012 10:51:56 PM

AndroidIsForFailuresI suppose I would hate something too if I was envious of it and too poor to afford it

Sucka please! An SGS3 without contract is pushing $600
If people are so envious of Apple, why does Apple buy it's parts from Samsung?
All you have is design and that is changing because even Apple isn't pig-headed enough to keep a 3.5" screen in 4:3 aspect ratio when every TV show and movie they want to sell via iTunes is widescreen, there's no point in having a retina display if a third of those pixels are black bars
Score
July 20, 2012 11:59:09 PM

The definition of backfire
Score
July 21, 2012 1:04:06 AM

AndroidIsForFailuresI suppose I would hate something too if I was envious of it and too poor to afford it. I would also likely post the same, tired troll comments online that have little to no merit and are repeated 300 times a day, and vote anyone down that felt otherwise all while foaming at the mouth and throwing such a fit it would wake up my grandparents (who I would live with, as my real parents would have kicked me out on my worthless butt years ago).Not sarcasm - accurate description of the uneducated droid kid trolls that have ruined this site.

Dude, you're a barista!....
Score
July 21, 2012 1:18:23 AM

Auck FppleWhy is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone h/as 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!!

Nice one! :D  (kek why was it thumbed down?!!)
Score
July 21, 2012 3:27:54 AM

back_by_demandJust a note, some people can't spot sarcasm if were painted bright orange - above is a what it looks like^^^^^^^^

I like you dude, you just made my day.
Score
July 21, 2012 3:50:20 AM

kartuNice one! (kek why was it thumbed down?!!)

because with apple fan intelligence level, it's hard to differentiate sarcasm and genuine apple fan comment :p 
Score
July 21, 2012 6:37:08 AM

KurzThe reason we have so little left is our Government made it happen.

Maybe we should be proud someone ELSE is in the spotlight now.... I think we've had our time (the US) as the big bad guys in town. (I'm not some conservadouche if you can tell)
Score
July 21, 2012 6:19:12 PM

Good laughs here.
Score
!