Which graphics card to get?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

I am buying a PCI Express card for my system soon and am wondering the
difference between these cards. I have been trying to decide between
NVidea and ATI. From what I've read it seems the x800 is faster than
the Nvidea 6800 but yet the 7800 is faster than the X850.
What makes my buying decision hard is I use my computer for almost
everything. I play games on it but as well use it for playing DVD's,
rendering video, graphic design, as well as general office use.
I want a card that has HDTV outputs (DVI and component) as well as
possibly digital inputs since I plan to hook it up to a HDTV with
time.
Any ideas of which cards I should look at? There are so many
different companies making these cards such as ATI, ASUS,
Sapphire,Leadtek, EVGA, MSI, BFG, and PNY, etc.

"" wrote:
> I am buying a PCI Express card for my system soon and am
> wondering the
> difference between these cards. I have been trying to decide
> between
> NVidea and ATI. From what I've read it seems the x800 is
> faster than
> the Nvidea 6800 but yet the 7800 is faster than the X850.
> What makes my buying decision hard is I use my computer for
> almost
> everything. I play games on it but as well use it for playing
> DVD's,
> rendering video, graphic design, as well as general office
> use.
> I want a card that has HDTV outputs (DVI and component) as
> well as
> possibly digital inputs since I plan to hook it up to a HDTV
> with
> time.
> Any ideas of which cards I should look at? There are so many
> different companies making these cards such as ATI, ASUS,
> Sapphire,Leadtek, EVGA, MSI, BFG, and PNY, etc.

Well I used the ASUS Extreme X850XT PE 256MB with 2HDTV and its
horsepower and great on software include 3d games -- both 7800 and
X850 are still much powerful so it yer decide which one as I prefer
ATI more.. which is much cooler and very quieter.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-graphics-card-ftopict60243.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=304848