maxtor hard drive won't show up

I have Win XP and just traded a 13 GB HD for a 60 GB and kept the slave
position. It shows up in the device manager as Maxtor 54610H6 but not in My
Computer.

I don't have the diskette it came with either.

Thanks for any help,

Rocky

> I have Win XP and just traded a 13 GB HD for a 60 GB and kept the slave
> position. It shows up in the device manager as Maxtor 54610H6 but not in
My
> Computer.

Right-click My Computer, choose Manage, go to Disk Mangement and format the
drive.

Adam S

thanks, that did the trick. I got it formatting now.

-Rocky

"Rock Schroeter" <rockaveli@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I have Win XP and just traded a 13 GB HD for a 60 GB and kept the slave
> position. It shows up in the device manager as Maxtor 54610H6 but not in
My
> Computer.
>
> I don't have the diskette it came with either.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Rocky

You did partition the new hd and format the new partitions?