Canon i850s suddenly not printing sepia tone correctly?

Hi I am new here and hope to find someone to help me. I have had a
Canon i850s for probably a little over a year now and have always
loved it. I do refil my inks with generic ink and have never had a
problem. Lately, when I try to print a photo in sepia tone, it
prints more like black and white. I have printed sepia with no
problem in the past, so I am wondering if there is a problem with my
printer? do I need some sort of update or something? Any help would
be greatly appreciated!

==============

shelly49 wrote:
> Hi I am new here and hope to find someone to help me. I have had a
> Canon i850s for probably a little over a year now and have always
> loved it. I do refil my inks with generic ink and have never had a
> problem. Lately, when I try to print a photo in sepia tone, it
> prints more like black and white. I have printed sepia with no
> problem in the past, so I am wondering if there is a problem with my
> printer? do I need some sort of update or something? Any help would
> be greatly appreciated!
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Does your i850 have a "Nozzle Check" and a "Clean Nozzle" utility?
Sounds like you are either low, or out of one color.
Bob Williams

thanks for the replies. I still have the original Canon ink tanks in
there, just refil with generic ink. It USED to warn me when the ink
was low, and when I would check ink levels, they would show me pretty
accurately where they were. Now they NEVER change from 'full' and I
don't get any warnings anymore.

I have tried cleaning the nozzles and print head, etc. but nothing
seems to fix the problem.

I did lose the little black plug on the magenta ink tank and had to
cover it with tape to keep it from leaking. It seems to be working
fine, but maybe that has something to do with this problem? I am
wondering if I just try getting new ink tanks if that would fix the
problem?

==============

"shelly49" <thetoppis@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> thanks for the replies. I still have the original Canon ink tanks in
> there, just refil with generic ink. It USED to warn me when the ink
> was low, and when I would check ink levels, they would show me pretty
> accurately where they were. Now they NEVER change from 'full' and I
> don't get any warnings anymore.
>
> I have tried cleaning the nozzles and print head, etc. but nothing
> seems to fix the problem.
>
> I did lose the little black plug on the magenta ink tank and had to
> cover it with tape to keep it from leaking. It seems to be working
> fine, but maybe that has something to do with this problem? I am
> wondering if I just try getting new ink tanks if that would fix the
> problem?

If you have some, place empty tanks in the printer, power it off and then
back on.
It will obviously give a ink out warning at this point.
Then change back to the carts with ink