how restore video to 800X600 resolution win98 system

Hi,
A friend just called. She was changing settings and now her screen window
is too big. She want's to change it back but can't because it's so big the
Apply box is off the screen and she can't get to it. She can move the
window sideways but not up and down.
I had her cycle trough safe mode thinking that would restore but it didn't.
How do you fix this?
Thanks,
Aart

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:55:36 -0500, "~A_Sammy" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>A friend just called. She was changing settings and now her screen window
>is too big. She want's to change it back but can't because it's so big the
>Apply box is off the screen and she can't get to it. She can move the
>window sideways but not up and down.
>I had her cycle trough safe mode thinking that would restore but it didn't.
>How do you fix this?
>Thanks,
>Aart

Use the tab key to cycle the focus between buttons.

--
Michael Cecil
macecil@comcast.net

Michael,

Let me say this about that: "Duh.... "

Thanks a million.

Sammy

In article <fvydnVi9nMlqEfDd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, ~A_Sammy
<bogus@nowhere.net> writes
>Hi,
>A friend just called. She was changing settings and now her screen window
>is too big. She want's to change it back but can't because it's so big the
>Apply box is off the screen and she can't get to it. She can move the
>window sideways but not up and down.
>I had her cycle trough safe mode thinking that would restore but it didn't.
>How do you fix this?
>Thanks,
>Aart

Press F8 at start and select 'command prompt only'
Type cd:\windows\command
Type scanreg /restore

You should hopefully now be able to restore the registry back to a date
from the list that occurred before she changed her settings.
--
Peter Ives
Remove ALL_STRESS only before sending me an email

Peter Ives <pete@pgives.ALL_STRESSfreeserve.co.uk> astounded us with:

> In article <fvydnVi9nMlqEfDd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, ~A_Sammy
> <bogus@nowhere.net> writes
>>Hi,
>>A friend just called. She was changing settings and now her screen
window
>>is too big. She want's to change it back but can't because it's so big
the
>>Apply box is off the screen and she can't get to it. She can move the
>>window sideways but not up and down.
>>I had her cycle trough safe mode thinking that would restore but it
didn't.
>>How do you fix this?
>>Thanks,
>>Aart
>>

> Press F8 at start and select 'command prompt only'
> Type cd:\windows\command
> Type scanreg /restore
>
> You should hopefully now be able to restore the registry back to a date
> from the list that occurred before she changed her settings.

Heh, that scanreg/restore has got me out of trouble quite a few times!

--
Gene P

Before I saw the reg-restore idea I went over and fixed it with the tab key.
Thanks for helping me out with this. I saved the instructions about how to
restore the registry. I'm sure I'll be using that one, too.

Thanks again,

Aart