restring an oldie

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm trying to get an old clunker up and running but have come to a snag.
The ps2 mouse connector has 2 wires pulled out from the mobo header. the
2
data lines. my question is would it hurt anything if i mixed them up?
or would it just not work?

TIA

Justice <horsemen@telusplanetXX.net> astounded us with: news:406F2536.4050309
@telusplanetXX.net:

> I'm trying to get an old clunker up and running but have come to a snag.
> The ps2 mouse connector has 2 wires pulled out from the mobo header. the
> 2
> data lines. my question is would it hurt anything if i mixed them up?
> or would it just not work?
>
> TIA

The mouse MIGHT work backwards...

--
Gene P

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:58:02 GMT, Justice <horsemen@telusplanetXX.net>
wrote:

>I'm trying to get an old clunker up and running but have come to a snag.
>The ps2 mouse connector has 2 wires pulled out from the mobo header. the
>2
>data lines. my question is would it hurt anything if i mixed them up?
>or would it just not work?
>
>TIA

It would just not work.

In article <406F2536.4050309@telusplanetXX.net>,
horsemen@telusplanetXX.net says...
> I'm trying to get an old clunker up and running but have come to a snag.
> The ps2 mouse connector has 2 wires pulled out from the mobo header. the
> 2
> data lines. my question is would it hurt anything if i mixed them up?
> or would it just not work?

Switch to an USB mouse?