Lenovo CEO Handed His $3 Million Bonus to Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
He already got a 5.4M bonus. I doubt he is doing this because he is a kind person. I'm sure there is something behind it. Maybe his ass was on the chopping block and this is a way to win a lot of favor.

Who knows? I doubt he is a saint.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... it is a good example how trickle down economics should work...[/citation]
emphasis on "trickle"

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]emphasis on "trickle"[/citation]
... the phrase "trickle down economics" is not coined by me... so... the author should explain, what is the meaning of 'trickle'... sounds like pee from the sky...

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]Apple CEO, nudge nudge.[/citation]
... there will not be a bonus for apple CEO, if he plans to return the manufacturing back to U.S. ...

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Instead of complaining, why don't YOU go out and start a multi-million dollar company....I thought so...[/citation]

CEOs don't start out "multi-million dollar company". they are appointed.

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Gotta love all the class envy and shame here. You want money? Go out and earn it. Stop thinking your entitled to another mans earnings. Just cause you have money doesn't mean you are evil for having it, or did evil to get it. Sometimes your smarter, more driven, or just plain lucky. That's life.

Stop whining and bust your ass, and maybe you can get the golden ring too

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]timw03878[/nom]Gotta love all the class envy and shame here. You want money? Go out and earn it. Stop thinking you're entitled to another mans earnings. Just cause you have money doesn't mean you are evil for having it, or did evil to get it. Sometimes you're smarter, more driven, or just plain lucky. That's life. Stop whining and bust your ass, and maybe you can get the golden ring too[/citation]
Ah the American dream.

Is it still alive?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Unlike Hollywood actors who make even more money pretending to be someone else, CEOs earn their millions by working night and day, seemingly keeping the global economy up and running while actors and actresses float in their pool

Seriously? You really believe that they "earn" their money?

Corporate CEOs also land big fat bonuses, sometimes more than their yearly income, depending on how well the business reeled in the revenue during the corporate year.

You're funny... CEO bonuses usually get paid regardless of how well the company is doing, in fact it's often more profitable to leave with a golden handshake than continue working to fix the company.

This CEO still got over $5.2, more than the leaders of the G20 countries combined, so anyone with two brain cells would say he's overpaid.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I mean come on, it's well known that ridiculous CEO pay arises from tournament theory and the CEO getting too cozy with board members... It has nothing to do with hard work: the CEO knows that, the board knows it, the shareholders know it, the workers know it, the whole world knows it, except for Romney supporters.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Gulli[/nom]I mean come on, it's well known that ridiculous CEO pay arises from tournament theory and the CEO getting too cozy with board members... It has nothing to do with hard work: the CEO knows that, the board knows it, the shareholders know it, the workers know it, the whole world knows it, except for Romney supporters.[/citation]
wait... if the shareholders know it, why didn't they dump the stock?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]wait... if the shareholders know it, why didn't they dump the stock?[/citation]

Only to buy stock in another company that has the same problem? Besides, some of the richer shareholders (who own a high proportion of the shares) believe in tournament theory and actually encourage ridiculous bonuses for executives. Finally, executive bonuses account for only a small part of a large corporation's revenue, so many small time shareholders don't think it's worth the trouble of selling their shares (though that will eventuall change as bonuses grow bigger and bigger).

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
CEOs earn their millions by working night and day
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Diamond_(banker)
$31 million in bonuses, decided not to accept them only through political pressure and the threat of criminal liability, but i'm sure he "earned" his $90 million a year salary, every penny, despite being the biggest crook since Charles Ponzi
All CEO's are deserving altruistic hard working model citizens - yeah right

Status
Not open for further replies.