HP IIIP Screech Question

My HP IIIP has been working faithfully for ten years. But now it screeches
as the paper feeds up through. I have not tried a new cartridge but somehow
I do not think that is the problem. Any ideas?

Harvey wrote:
> My HP IIIP has been working faithfully for ten years. But now it screeches
> as the paper feeds up through. I have not tried a new cartridge but somehow
> I do not think that is the problem. Any ideas?

Worn rollers cause these kinds of problems, Exit Rollers.

Have you checked out http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

"Harvey" <hcohenREMOVE@frontiernetTHIS.net> wrote in
comp.periphs.printers:
>My HP IIIP has been working faithfully for ten years. But now it screeches
>as the paper feeds up through. I have not tried a new cartridge but somehow
>I do not think that is the problem. Any ideas?

The paper rollers most likely need cleaning. Mine developed that a
year or so ago.

If you want to hang on to your printer, a thorough cleaning and
reconditioning is probably in order. On the other hand, you can
probably get a new laser printer, with more features, for about the
same money.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
"You want an intelligent conversation? Do what I do: talk to
yourself. It's the only way." -- /Torch Song Trilogy/