new installation with SATA drive

hi there,
having trouble getting my head around SATA whilst building a new computer...
i might be overlooking something obvious though
K7N2G-delta ilsr m/b
SATA hard drive 160gb maxtor
the sata is the only drive and i'm trying to install windows 2000 pro...

when the pc first booted i pressed ctrl-F for the bios fastbuild utility and
let it 'auto' setup the hd
i then used the maxtor maxblast utility to partition and format the hard
drive ready for windows 2000
i start windows setup and press F6 to install raid/ scsi driver and insert
the promise floppy driver disc (supplied with the mb) when prompted... i
select the win2000 driver and everything is looking rosy...
but when it comes to the 'press enter to install windows 2000' bit it
reports 'setup did not find any hard disk drives'
please can someone help ?
many thanks,
andy

You can try skip the "F6" install raid / scsi and just go straight into
installing windows. I have Abit SA6-R which use HighPoint 370 Raid, the
installation regconised my 2 x 30GB Hdd as on 60GB HDD.

"Andy C" <a@nospammmmm.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
:1081294435.8406.0@nnrp-t71-01.news.uk.clara.net...
> hi there,
> having trouble getting my head around SATA whilst building a new
computer...
> i might be overlooking something obvious though
> K7N2G-delta ilsr m/b
> SATA hard drive 160gb maxtor
> the sata is the only drive and i'm trying to install windows 2000 pro...
>
> when the pc first booted i pressed ctrl-F for the bios fastbuild utility
and
> let it 'auto' setup the hd
> i then used the maxtor maxblast utility to partition and format the hard
> drive ready for windows 2000
> i start windows setup and press F6 to install raid/ scsi driver and insert
> the promise floppy driver disc (supplied with the mb) when prompted... i
> select the win2000 driver and everything is looking rosy...
> but when it comes to the 'press enter to install windows 2000' bit it
> reports 'setup did not find any hard disk drives'
> please can someone help ?
> many thanks,
> andy

thanks, skipping F6 didn't work but i tried some older promise drivers i
found instead of the ones that came with the MB and everything installed
fine !
many thanks,
andy

"NoDVD+/-R" <no@money.lor> wrote in message
> You can try skip the "F6" install raid / scsi and just go straight into
> installing windows. I have Abit SA6-R which use HighPoint 370 Raid, the
> installation regconised my 2 x 30GB Hdd as on 60GB HDD.
>
> "Andy C" <a@nospammmmm.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> :1081294435.8406.0@nnrp-t71-01.news.uk.clara.net...
> > hi there,
> > having trouble getting my head around SATA whilst building a new
> computer...
> > i might be overlooking something obvious though
> > K7N2G-delta ilsr m/b
> > SATA hard drive 160gb maxtor
> > the sata is the only drive and i'm trying to install windows 2000 pro...
> >
> > when the pc first booted i pressed ctrl-F for the bios fastbuild utility
> and
> > let it 'auto' setup the hd
> > i then used the maxtor maxblast utility to partition and format the hard
> > drive ready for windows 2000
> > i start windows setup and press F6 to install raid/ scsi driver and
insert
> > the promise floppy driver disc (supplied with the mb) when prompted... i
> > select the win2000 driver and everything is looking rosy...
> > but when it comes to the 'press enter to install windows 2000' bit it
> > reports 'setup did not find any hard disk drives'
> > please can someone help ?
> > many thanks,
> > andy

TRENDING THREADS