jeff

Apparently on my 8IDX i845 board I need to update my BIOS to get a new
nVidia AGP card to work.

I can't find one publicly.

Is my only option to buy an apdate from Award for $49.99 or is there
an update somewhere else that I am (hopefully) missing?

I have searched thoroughly, high and low and have come up emptyhanded.

Thanks for any insight -

<jeff@home.org> wrote in message news:4074e122.1179671@news.easynews.com...
> Apparently on my 8IDX i845 board I need to update my BIOS to get a new
> nVidia AGP card to work.
>
> I can't find one publicly.
>
> Is my only option to buy an apdate from Award for $49.99 or is there
> an update somewhere else that I am (hopefully) missing?
>
> I have searched thoroughly, high and low and have come up emptyhanded.
>
> Thanks for any insight -

Hi,

Is it a Gigabyte board? The BIOS updates at:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8IDX.htm

seem to indicate that there's an update on 9/17/2002 (version F10). You
might also try the Gigabyte newsgroups, alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
and alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte.

Jim

jaster

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:20:41 +0000, jeff while doing time wrote:

> Apparently on my 8IDX i845 board I need to update my BIOS to get a new
> nVidia AGP card to work.
>
> I can't find one publicly.
>
> Is my only option to buy an apdate from Award for $49.99 or is there
> an update somewhere else that I am (hopefully) missing?
>
> I have searched thoroughly, high and low and have come up emptyhanded.
>
> Thanks for any insight -

No bios flash update from the board manufacturer? I'd return the nVidia
and get another card that doesn't require a new bios chip from Award
assuming that chip would work on my board.

jeff@home.org astounded us with: news:4074e122.1179671@news.easynews.com:

www.badflash.com ???

--
Gene P

jeff

Thanks all for the replies. The F10 update didn't help the AGP
weirdness.

There are in fact some really odd things happening here that I'd like
to ask about when I can get the time to describe them, hopefull
tomorrow -

Jeff