ROM upgrade problem

August 9, 2004 5:30:58 PM

Hi All,
5550/CE2003.
Host XP pro, 3000+, gb RAM, 2 x HD, fully updated
I tried to upgrade the ROM to 1.10 from 1.0. Instruction was followed
exactly.
App locked at 28%. Rebooted PC.
Tried resetting iPAQ, no go, so removed battery. iPAQ booted.
Tried rerunning installer package(SP27674).
Update tries to run then displays error screen "HP iPAQ ROM Update
Utility 1.01" "ERROR: FILE OPEN" " The Update Utility can not open the
requested file. Please check your Update Utility"
Have tried various things with same resultant error.
Only have larger hammer route left!
Ideas...?

--
"The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still
carries any reward."

More about : rom upgrade problem

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 5:30:59 PM

I've attempted this update myself not too long ago and found that
I had to reinstall ActiveSync 3.7.1 for the update to run completely
on a similarly equipped computer like yours.
The first attempts locked my 5550 and the updater would tell me to
check if the iPAQ was still cradled and try again.
after reinstalling ActiveSync 3.7.1 from Microsoft's site it all
went like a dream. no real idea why I had to do the install again
but at least it worked.
To get around the file open error; the updater unpacks a few files
into C:\iPAQ\[Service pack name]\*.* and tries to run from there.
if you interrupted the update by killing the application you may
have to go in there and delete the folder of the update you tried
to run. it has the same number as the update file.
After deleting, reboot and it should be fine.

~S.

"Scrote" <scrote@nospam.dontwork.sodoff.net> wrote in news:#gjM6ygfEHA.396
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Thanks Ace reinstalling ActiveSync worked a treat. Another Microsoft
mini-adventure closes. I owe you a beer.

--
"The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still
carries any reward." -- John Maynard Keynes
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 10:40:07 PM

Glad it worked, cheers ;)

~S.