Unwanted Start Page added

Somehow, my start page is some kind of search page with the title of
"about:blank". I don't want this start page and even though I reset my start
page to what I want, it somehow changes back to "about:blank". What ever is
causing this also adds favorites I don't want to my favorites list. Any
suggestions?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

try asking in one of the virus/worm groups, there someone regularly posts a
series of steps to eliminate home page hijackers, and other malware.

"Mike J" <MikeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow, my start page is some kind of search page with the title of
> "about:blank". I don't want this start page and even though I reset my
> start
> page to what I want, it somehow changes back to "about:blank". What ever
> is
> causing this also adds favorites I don't want to my favorites list. Any
> suggestions?

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Mike J wrote:
> Somehow, my start page is some kind of search page with the title of
> "about:blank". I don't want this start page and even though I reset my start
> page to what I want, it somehow changes back to "about:blank". What ever is
> causing this also adds favorites I don't want to my favorites list. Any
> suggestions?

Do a google search for:
"about blank" jack
You will get loads of info. None of which you'll like.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
May be this can Help.
Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html
Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk" - http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html
To avoid such occurrences.
Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
Assemble Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection:
http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).