Hi All,

I running a temp monitor and the readings have me puzzled. The temp gauges
read:

temp 1: 42 C/105F
temp 2: 12 C/53.6F
temp 3: 63.5C/146.3F

Are these normal??

Roger

In article <PRkdc.5417$Lh2.2527@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
Roger_Tegard@bellsouth.org says...
> Hi All,
>
> I running a temp monitor and the readings have me puzzled. The temp gauges
> read:
>
> temp 1: 42 C/105F
> temp 2: 12 C/53.6F
> temp 3: 63.5C/146.3F
>
> Are these normal??

42C is probably case temp? If so, a bit warm (case
temps should be 30-40C if room temp is around 20-25C).

12C? You keeping that box outside in the cold?

63.5C - CPU temp? Mighty hot if so (CPU temps should be
more like 50C if ambient temp is 20-25C, 45C is better
but some CPUs run hotter then others).

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard
as well as the latest drivers. Unless you measure those
temps with an old analog therm or some other temp probe,
I wouldn't trust those values to be entirely accurate
since they seem a touch out of whack.

drew

Roger Tegard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I running a temp monitor and the readings have me puzzled. The temp gauges
> read:
>
> temp 1: 42 C/105F = guessing case temp
> temp 2: 12 C/53.6F = no idea
> temp 3: 63.5C/146.3F = guessing cpu, alittle high for my liking.
>
> Are these normal??
>

> Roger

Latest posts