Can't set up Print Server

I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife (Dell
Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer (HP
PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she can
connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the router.
When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be able
to find the server and help configure it.

Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?

My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
such.

Clark

"TMao" <TMao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
>(Dell
> Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
> (HP
> PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she
> can
> connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
> router.
> When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

Sorry but what is a Admin utility, I pretty much set up what the disc had on
it. Also which setup page?

"Clark" wrote:

> Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be able
> to find the server and help configure it.
>
> Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?
>
> My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
> such.
>
> Clark
>

> "TMao" <TMao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
> >(Dell
> > Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
> > (HP
> > PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she
> > can
> > connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> > Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> > connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
> > router.
> > When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> > server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

On page 17 of your manual, you would select a Network printer, not one
attached to this computer.

You also need the printers drivers loaded on both computers, which the
manual tells you.

Clark

http://www.hawkingtech.com/drivers.php?CatId=21

Do you have the install manual or owner's manual for the device?
> Sorry but what is a Admin utility, I pretty much set up what the disc had
> on
> it. Also which setup page?
>
> "Clark" wrote:
>

>> Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be
>> able
>> to find the server and help configure it.
>>
>> Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?
>>
>> My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
>> such.
>>
>> Clark
>>

>> "TMao" <TMao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
>> >(Dell
>> > Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
>> > (HP
>> > PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so
>> > she
>> > can
>> > connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We
>> > bought a
>> > Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
>> > connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
>> > router.
>> > When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
>> > server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

MuSaShI

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004

"TMao" <TMao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
(Dell
> Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
(HP
> PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she
can
> connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
router.
> When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

You have a Multi Purpose Printer.
Go to www.hp.com and send them an email asking what Print Servers are
compatible with the PSC 2210v.