Black bezel for my Lite-On 52x CD burner?

I would love to NOT paint this bezel, can anybody point me to a source for a
black bezel? I know coolermaster makes an aluminum one that goes OVER the
stock bezel but I am not so hot on that idea. Looks like I may have to
break out the spray paint....

Any tips appreciated!
--Dan

Word of advice, don't use spray paint. They don't adhere to plastic well.
See if you can pick up some vinyl dye at an automotive store. Costs the
same, but it actually dyes the paint the way stain will penetrate wood.
Just wash the faceplate down with rubbing alcohol before you start.
Also, Like-On makes black bezel burners, if it is still within the return
period, you want to return it and get a black bezel one.

Kris Rawlison wrote:
> Word of advice, don't use spray paint. They don't adhere to plastic well.
> See if you can pick up some vinyl dye at an automotive store.

Or just a regular hardware store.

> Costs the
> same, but it actually dyes the paint the way stain will penetrate wood.

You mean plastic, not paint.

> Just wash the faceplate down with rubbing alcohol before you start.

That'd be nice, but not entirely necessary. I've had great results with
just a quick rinse and dry.

> Also, Like-On makes black bezel burners, if it is still within the return
> period, you want to return it and get a black bezel one.
>
> "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I would love to NOT paint this bezel, can anybody point me to a source for

>>black bezel? I know coolermaster makes an aluminum one that goes OVER the
>>stock bezel but I am not so hot on that idea. Looks like I may have to
>>break out the spray paint....
>>
>>Any tips appreciated!
>>--Dan

wow, you were so helpfull and had so much usefull information to contribute.

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would love to NOT paint this bezel, can anybody point me to a source for
> black bezel? I know coolermaster makes an aluminum one that goes OVER the
> stock bezel but I am not so hot on that idea. Looks like I may have to
> break out the spray paint....
>
> Any tips appreciated!
> --Dan

Tried Lite-on's website? How about this link for a black, aluminum
bezel?:
>> http://www.cbcnz.com/product_info.php/products_id/1110

HTH, sdlomi