How're Altec Lancing VS3121 PC speakers?

org

I'm looking for a two speaker/1subwoofer combination. Altec Lancing
VS series are new to the market. I don't find any reviews on VS3121
other than some polished news announcement. Has anyone bought one?
How is it comparing to Creative Labs Inspire 2.1 T2900, which has a
good review at a number of sites.

"Org" <Org@net.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a two speaker/1subwoofer combination. Altec Lancing
> VS series are new to the market. I don't find any reviews on VS3121
> other than some polished news announcement. Has anyone bought one?
> How is it comparing to Creative Labs Inspire 2.1 T2900, which has a
> good review at a number of sites.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001FZCPW/qid=1081699419/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/104-3066649-8659115?v=glance&s=electronics&n=5078
46

Jim

I can't speak to the Altec, but I have the Creative 2.1 T2900, it's terrific
for a 2.1 system, esp. since I got them for $20 (after rebate)! In fact, I
placed it on my standalone DVD player (via TV audio OUT). What I really
liked was the fact the subwoofer runs TALLER rather than WIDER, making for a
nice fit in confined spaces. Subwoofer is plenty for me, DVD movies sound
great, not exactly 5.1 DTS, but for 2.1 and $20, really nice. If you have a
Muvo, the volume control accepts its over the proprietary m-port, plus it
has aux input. If I can find another T2900 for $20-30, I'm buying them
again.

HTH

Jim