Scanning Problems

Is this the correct place to ask about scanning problems? (If not, could
someone tell me the name of the right group?)

I have a Lexmark X75 and have tried scanning with infrequent success. All I
want to do is scan information into my Word program so that I can then
maneuver it. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. I can't
figure out why. At one time I had the info going into winword.exe but this
morning I tried it and the program couldn't open the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lynn

Try: alt.comp.periphs.scanners they have their own group

"Lynn and George" <ljv@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is this the correct place to ask about scanning problems? (If not, could
> someone tell me the name of the right group?)
>
> I have a Lexmark X75 and have tried scanning with infrequent success. All
> want to do is scan information into my Word program so that I can then
> maneuver it. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. I can't
> figure out why. At one time I had the info going into winword.exe but
this
> morning I tried it and the program couldn't open the file.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lynn

Jim

"Lynn and George" <ljv@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is this the correct place to ask about scanning problems? (If not, could
> someone tell me the name of the right group?)
comp.periphs.scanners

> I have a Lexmark X75 and have tried scanning with infrequent success. All
> want to do is scan information into my Word program so that I can then
> maneuver it. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. I can't
> figure out why. At one time I had the info going into winword.exe but
this
> morning I tried it and the program couldn't open the file.
It would help to list the scanner resolution, the scanned document size, and
the resulting file size.
File too big?
Jim

In article <hk1Yc.26213$_H5.1020916@news20.bellglobal.com>,
ljv@sympatico.ca (Lynn and George) wrote:

> All I want to do is scan information into my Word program so that I can
> then maneuver it.

Are you talking about scanning text into Word for editing? If so, you'd
have to be using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software of some
sort. Otherwise you just end up with a graphic of the text (which Word
could include as a graphic but wouldn't be able to 'open' as a document).

Jon.