Your question
Solved

Swagbucks Toolbar Removal on Google Chrome

Tags:
  • Chrome
  • Mac OS X
Last response: in Mac Os X
June 21, 2012 8:37:40 AM

I'm wondering how to remove the swagbucks toolbar from google chrome. I just tried it today, but already noticed that it is slowing things down. I've seen people everywhere say go to:

Macintosh HD/Applications/Toolbars

and find it in there, uninstall, and you're set.

But i can't seem to find a Toolbars folder or app or anything related to toolbars in my app folder. Please help. Thanks.

More about : swagbucks toolbar removal google chrome

Best solution

June 29, 2012 1:01:36 AM

OCGL16 said:
I'm wondering how to remove the swagbucks toolbar from google chrome. I just tried it today, but already noticed that it is slowing things down. I've seen people everywhere say go to:

Macintosh HD/Applications/Toolbars

and find it in there, uninstall, and you're set.

But i can't seem to find a Toolbars folder or app or anything related to toolbars in my app folder. Please help. Thanks.

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but to delete it from chrome click on the wrench in the top right hand corner, go to tools, then click on extensions, find the swagbucks toolbar and click the little trash can next to it. Restart the browser, and its gone!
June 29, 2012 1:46:46 AM

Thank you so much! SO much faster. :) 
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 1:46:58 AM

Best answer selected by OCGL16.
m
l
October 26, 2012 5:17:00 PM

I've tried this numerous times but the toolbar keeps coming back! It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions?
m
l
October 27, 2012 8:50:31 PM

The best answer above is what worked for me.
m
l
October 31, 2012 4:43:22 AM

The same thing happened to me. The toolbar kept coming back after I trashed it. Finally I uninstalled Google Chrome and reinstalled, but upon opening my "new" Google Chrome, the Swagbucks toolbar appeared again with the dialog box. So I made sure I did not click "Finish" on the Swagbucks toolbar dialog box and once again followed the instruction (the best instruction above) and once again clicked on Tools to delete Swagbucks toolbar from my Extension. It finally worked and now I don't see that toolbar anymore!
m
l
!