Synchronization of buses speed

Does synchronization makes the computer faster. I mean if I make the
speed of the FSB running at speed similar to the memory speed. For
example if I have DDR200 then I will make sure I will have a CPU with
FSB 400 and the motherboard should support FSB 400. Is this the
ulitmate goal of a computer designer in term of the speed?? or
Synchromization is not important??

Any help would be appreciate it .. thanks..
2 answers Last reply
More about synchronization buses speed

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:41:31 -0700, esara wrote:

    > Does synchronization makes the computer faster. I mean if I make the
    > speed of the FSB running at speed similar to the memory speed. For
    > example if I have DDR200 then I will make sure I will have a CPU with
    > FSB 400 and the motherboard should support FSB 400. Is this the
    > ulitmate goal of a computer designer in term of the speed?? or
    > Synchromization is not important??

    You want the data rate to match the FSB speed for best performance, With
    DDR ram that means running them in sync. With non DDR (PC100/133/150) ram
    and a a DDR FSB, you want the ram running as fast as possible.

    Wes Newell wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:41:31 -0700, esara wrote:
    >

    >>Does synchronization makes the computer faster. I mean if I make the
    >>speed of the FSB running at speed similar to the memory speed. For
    >>example if I have DDR200 then I will make sure I will have a CPU with
    >>FSB 400 and the motherboard should support FSB 400. Is this the
    >>ulitmate goal of a computer designer in term of the speed?? or
    >>Synchromization is not important??
    >>

    > You want the data rate to match the FSB speed for best performance, With
    > DDR ram that means running them in sync. With non DDR (PC100/133/150) ram
    > and a a DDR FSB, you want the ram running as fast as possible.

    Even this doesn't seem to help. I tried this with a 1Ghz Duron and ran
    the memory at 133Mhz and it actually benchmarked slower than when the
    memory was running at 100Mhz.

Homebuilt Computer Systems