Power Supply Fan Speed

Hi:
Just finished putting in a new power supply as part of my upgrade.
It is an Antec 480w Truepower. I have noticed though that the internal
fan speed is at 1520 rpm. Is this normal for power supplies, I havent
noticed any power related problems and the exhaust fan is blowing
slightly warm air. Just seems to me that the fan speed is low.

Michael....
2 answers Last reply
More about power supply speed

    The fan is temperature controled. It will run faster as the power supply heats up.

    Michael J. Donohue <mdonohue@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<8u3q70hh2dcl4p8392j2f90r0v7odi47j9@4ax.com>...
    > Hi:
    > Just finished putting in a new power supply as part of my upgrade.
    > It is an Antec 480w Truepower. I have noticed though that the internal
    > fan speed is at 1520 rpm. Is this normal for power supplies, I havent
    > noticed any power related problems and the exhaust fan is blowing
    > slightly warm air. Just seems to me that the fan speed is low.
    >
    > Michael....

    Thanks Frank, I just cant find anywhere where it mentions the fan
    speed, guess I wont worry about it.

    Mike...

    On 14 Apr 2004 11:50:35 -0700, frankfuss@earthlink.net (Frank
    Fussenegger) wrote:

    >The fan is temperature controled. It will run faster as the power supply heats up.
    >

    >Michael J. Donohue <mdonohue@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<8u3q70hh2dcl4p8392j2f90r0v7odi47j9@4ax.com>...
    >> Hi:
    >> Just finished putting in a new power supply as part of my upgrade.
    >> It is an Antec 480w Truepower. I have noticed though that the internal
    >> fan speed is at 1520 rpm. Is this normal for power supplies, I havent
    >> noticed any power related problems and the exhaust fan is blowing
    >> slightly warm air. Just seems to me that the fan speed is low.
    >>
    >> Michael....

Homebuilt Power Supplies Fan Speed Systems