Motherboard Recommendations for a Multimedia PC

JM

Hi,

I am going to build a computer that is going to be used for listening
to MP3's and as a personal video recorder (Tivo). I have been
considering two mother boards: Asus P4P800 Deluxe and the Asus
P4C800-E Deluxe.

I want performance, but stability is more important.

Your recommendations are greatly appreciated!

unless you plan to use ECC RAM there is no advantage to the 875p boards so
stick with the 865pe.

the ABIT IS7, Albatron PX865PE Pro, AOpen AX4SPE, ASUS P4P800, EPoX 4PDA2+
and MSI 865PE Neo2 are all good.

<jm@az.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am going to build a computer that is going to be used for listening
> to MP3's and as a personal video recorder (Tivo). I have been
> considering two mother boards: Asus P4P800 Deluxe and the Asus
> P4C800-E Deluxe.
>
> I want performance, but stability is more important.
>
> Your recommendations are greatly appreciated!

The P4C800-E Deluxe is about 5% faster and is MUCH more stable than the
P4P800.

--
DaveW