Highest safe temp for XP 2600 Barton?

I have a XP 2600 successfully overclocked from 166 up to 186 MHZ x11.5 (2139
MHZ), VCORE 1.7 volts. I ran a processor-intensive app, and the temp reached
122 deg F. The core is probably a little higher than that, no doubt.
Cooling is with a Volcano 9, with a Thermaltake duct adapter. It revs up to
5000 RPM. That seems pretty hot, perhaps not safe to run for long at this
setting? Don't know what Athlon recommends for a max temp.

"Jim Caldwell" <Jamesw@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> I have a XP 2600 successfully overclocked from 166 up to 186 MHZ x11.5
(2139
> MHZ), VCORE 1.7 volts. I ran a processor-intensive app, and the temp
reached
> 122 deg F. The core is probably a little higher than that, no doubt.
> Cooling is with a Volcano 9, with a Thermaltake duct adapter. It revs up
> 5000 RPM. That seems pretty hot, perhaps not safe to run for long at this
> setting? Don't know what Athlon recommends for a max temp.

Your temperature is fine.
You don't need to worry until the board sensor gets to ~65-70C
(150-160F).

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer for 13+ years!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

>I have a XP 2600 successfully overclocked from 166 up to 186 MHZ x11.5 (2139
>MHZ), VCORE 1.7 volts. I ran a processor-intensive app, and the temp reached
>122 deg F. The core is probably a little higher than that, no doubt.
>Cooling is with a Volcano 9, with a Thermaltake duct adapter. It revs up to
>5000 RPM. That seems pretty hot, perhaps not safe to run for long at this
>setting? Don't know what Athlon recommends for a max temp.

Normally use C and you shouldn't need to run higher than about 50C. 6
or 7 boxes are setup to alert me if the get into the 60C range but
none ever have. These are all 2500+ @ 3200+ or higher.

> I have a XP 2600 successfully overclocked from 166 up to 186 MHZ x11.5 (2139
> MHZ), VCORE 1.7 volts.

I have my XP 1700 (1466 real MHz, or 11 x 133Mhz FSB) overclocked to
1900 real MHz, or 9.5 x 200MHz FSB. Which would be around XP 2350 speed.

Air cooled. Idle temp 31C. When in use temp goes to 36C.

Anyway - to answer your question. AMD specs say absolute max is 85C.

Bas Ruiter <lordsnow@home.nl> wrote:
|| I have a XP 2600 successfully overclocked from 166 up to 186 MHZ
|| x11.5 (2139 MHZ), VCORE 1.7 volts.
|
| I have my XP 1700 (1466 real MHz, or 11 x 133Mhz FSB) overclocked to
| 1900 real MHz, or 9.5 x 200MHz FSB. Which would be around XP 2350
| speed.
|
| Air cooled. Idle temp 31C. When in use temp goes to 36C.

That sounds like a pretty good overclocking rate to me !
Could I ask what mobo you are getting this result on and what CPU HSF is
managing to tame the temps so well ?
Kevin.