KT7E IDE ATA100 Speeds?

Hi,

I've been struggling with getting an Abit KT7E motherboard working optimally
with a Seagate 80GB hard drive (8mb cache, ATA100). Here are the system
specs:

Mobo: Abit KT7E (BIOS A9)
CPU: Duron 1.2
Memory: 3x256MB PC133
Drive: Seagate 80GB/8MB cache (Primary Master)
OS: Windows 2000 Pro SP4

I would like to ask a simple question of anyone who has this motherboard,
and who has an ATA100 drive: Have you been able to get IDE speed readings
(burst, average) using either HDTach or Winbench that are appropriate for an
ATA100 drive with this motherboard?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim

What's "appropriate" (in your opinion).

Jim

"ohaya" <ohaya_NO_SPAM@NO_SPAM_cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been struggling with getting an Abit KT7E motherboard working
optimally
> with a Seagate 80GB hard drive (8mb cache, ATA100). Here are the system
> specs:
>
> Mobo: Abit KT7E (BIOS A9)
> CPU: Duron 1.2
> Memory: 3x256MB PC133
> Drive: Seagate 80GB/8MB cache (Primary Master)
> OS: Windows 2000 Pro SP4
>
> I would like to ask a simple question of anyone who has this motherboard,
> and who has an ATA100 drive: Have you been able to get IDE speed
readings
> (burst, average) using either HDTach or Winbench that are appropriate for
an
> ATA100 drive with this motherboard?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Jim,

I was trying to phrase my question to get feedback on that for the KT7E.

I have another system with an A7A266, with the same drive, and am getting
burst speed of 70MB/s, avg read speed of 55MB/s, CPU Util. of 15%.

Jim