Is this possible???

Hey! Something just occurred to me that would be pretty neat. I want to
know if it is possible.

Basically, the goal would be separate interactive consoles. My idea is to
use multiple video cards and USB keyboards/mice. Each setup would be
interactive, and not directly interfere with each other (meaning 1 person
types in on their setup something, it would not show on the others).

If this, or something like it, is possible, I would like to know!

--Don

russell

This looks interesting:
http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.html?i=2025&p=1

Russell
http://tastycomputers.com

"Donald McMorris - Ospitare International" <newsalias@ospitare.net> wrote in
message news:sIxgc.92690$e17.74241@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

In article <sIxgc.92690$e17.74241@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
newsalias@ospitare.net says...
> Hey! Something just occurred to me that would be pretty neat. I want to
> know if it is possible.
>

> Basically, the goal would be separate interactive consoles. My idea is to
> use multiple video cards and USB keyboards/mice. Each setup would be
> interactive, and not directly interfere with each other (meaning 1 person
> types in on their setup something, it would not show on the others).

Go look at the articles on SlashDot's website for either
Friday or Saturday. There was something posted in the
past few days about two users using a single PC box at
the same time with seperate keyboard/monitor/mouse.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:06:48 GMT, "Donald McMorris - Ospitare
International" <newsalias@ospitare.net> wrote:

>Hey! Something just occurred to me that would be pretty neat. I want to
>know if it is possible.
>

>Basically, the goal would be separate interactive consoles. My idea is to
>use multiple video cards and USB keyboards/mice. Each setup would be
>interactive, and not directly interfere with each other (meaning 1 person
>types in on their setup something, it would not show on the others).
>
>If this, or something like it, is possible, I would like to know!
>
>--Don

Not really. In my eye, it is just an attempt to avoid purchasing
licences for multiple machines.

Donald McMorris - Ospitare International wrote:
> Hey! Something just occurred to me that would be pretty neat. I want to
> know if it is possible.
>

> Basically, the goal would be separate interactive consoles. My idea is to
> use multiple video cards and USB keyboards/mice. Each setup would be
> interactive, and not directly interfere with each other (meaning 1 person
> types in on their setup something, it would not show on the others).
>
> If this, or something like it, is possible, I would like to know!

Well, I expect you could do this with Linux. The X11 Windows system is
designed to do precisely this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, MS/Windoze still isn't a proper multi user OS so I doubt
it could do this if you're tied to Microsoft.