Best brand HD to replace WDC1200?

I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
WD1200AB-22CBA1.

What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?

thanks

BILL
3 answers Last reply
More about best brand replace wdc1200

    Bill wrote:
    > I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
    > failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
    > WD1200AB-22CBA1.
    >
    > What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?

    I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable and
    quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over any
    7200RPM hard drive.

    In article <90Ggc.163882$Pk3.104082@pd7tw1no>, sheenan@wahs.ac says...
    > Bill wrote:
    > > I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
    > > failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
    > > WD1200AB-22CBA1.
    > >
    > > What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?
    >
    > I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable and
    > quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over any
    > 7200RPM hard drive.

    Me too. I'm on my third Barracuda (third computer) and they have all
    been very quiet and very reliable. It is true, as the other poster
    suggested, they are not always the "top benchmark performers" but they
    are very very quiet and very reliable.

    Louise

    Louise <none@nospam.com> astounded us with:

    > In article <90Ggc.163882$Pk3.104082@pd7tw1no>, sheenan@wahs.ac says...
    >> Bill wrote:
    >> > I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
    >> > failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
    >> > WD1200AB-22CBA1.
    >> >
    >> > What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?
    >>
    >> I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable
    >> and quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over
    >> any 7200RPM hard drive.
    >>

    > Me too. I'm on my third Barracuda (third computer) and they have all
    > been very quiet and very reliable. It is true, as the other poster
    > suggested, they are not always the "top benchmark performers" but they
    > are very very quiet and very reliable.
    >
    > Louise

    Another happy Seagate Barracuda IV user.
    After 2 Samsung drives that let me down, the Seagate is wonderful, 7200RPM,
    whisper quiet, they get MY vote.

    --
    Gene P

Homebuilt Hardware Presario HD Systems