Best brand HD to replace WDC1200?

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 18, 2004 6:29:05 PM

I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
WD1200AB-22CBA1.

What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?

thanks

BILL

More about : brand replace wdc1200

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2004 5:33:57 AM

Bill wrote:
> I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
> failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
> WD1200AB-22CBA1.
>
> What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?

I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable and
quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over any
7200RPM hard drive.
April 26, 2004 1:14:13 AM

In article <90Ggc.163882$Pk3.104082@pd7tw1no>, sheenan@wahs.ac says...
> Bill wrote:
> > I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
> > failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
> > WD1200AB-22CBA1.
> >
> > What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?
>
> I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable and
> quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over any
> 7200RPM hard drive.

Me too. I'm on my third Barracuda (third computer) and they have all
been very quiet and very reliable. It is true, as the other poster
suggested, they are not always the "top benchmark performers" but they
are very very quiet and very reliable.

Louise
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 26, 2004 11:41:03 AM

Louise <none@nospam.com> astounded us with:

> In article <90Ggc.163882$Pk3.104082@pd7tw1no>, sheenan@wahs.ac says...
>> Bill wrote:
>> > I am replacing the stock HD in my Compaq Presario 6450NX, which has
>> > failed once and now SMART tells me it is going to fail again, it is a
>> > WD1200AB-22CBA1.
>> >
>> > What (reliablity-wise) is the best HD to replace this one with?
>>
>> I've found the Seagate Barracuda IV/V/7200.7 series to be very reliable
>> and quiet. if not top benchmark performers. Ensure proper airflow over
>> any 7200RPM hard drive.
>>

> Me too. I'm on my third Barracuda (third computer) and they have all
> been very quiet and very reliable. It is true, as the other poster
> suggested, they are not always the "top benchmark performers" but they
> are very very quiet and very reliable.
>
> Louise

Another happy Seagate Barracuda IV user.
After 2 Samsung drives that let me down, the Seagate is wonderful, 7200RPM,
whisper quiet, they get MY vote.

--
Gene P
!