Won't Post with GeForce Fx 5200 graphics card

TC

Mobo: ASUS A7N8x
CPU: AMD 2600
PSU: 400W
Latest BIOS: 10/2003 1007

No beep, no nothing. If I replace the new 5200 with an older graphics
card (GeForce NVG25GA), it works fine.

>Mobo: ASUS A7N8x
>CPU: AMD 2600
>PSU: 400W
>Latest BIOS: 10/2003 1007
>

>No beep, no nothing. If I replace the new 5200 with an older graphics
>card (GeForce NVG25GA), it works fine.

You did run seperate power to the video board? If tapping F5 on
startup and it won't enter Safe Mode then that card must be bad. I'm
running one on that mobo.

TC

Andrew J wrote:

> > Mobo: ASUS A7N8x
> > CPU: AMD 2600
> > PSU: 400W
> > Latest BIOS: 10/2003 1007
> >

> > No beep, no nothing. If I replace the new 5200 with an older
> > graphics card (GeForce NVG25GA), it works fine.
>
> You did run seperate power to the video board? If tapping F5 on
> startup and it won't enter Safe Mode then that card must be bad. I'm
> running one on that mobo.

Huh? The card plugs into the AGP slot on the mobo and gets its power
from the mobo.

ME

Andrew J <ajpk3@hotmail.comremove> wrote:

>>Mobo: ASUS A7N8x
>>CPU: AMD 2600
>>PSU: 400W
>>Latest BIOS: 10/2003 1007
>>

>>No beep, no nothing. If I replace the new 5200 with an older graphics
>>card (GeForce NVG25GA), it works fine.
>
>You did run seperate power to the video board?

Do you need to ? I have a pair of 5200 in my Childrens PCs neither had any
PSU connector that I could see ?

Both have worked fine for months

Andy

TC wrote:
> Andrew J wrote:
>

>>>Mobo: ASUS A7N8x
>>>CPU: AMD 2600
>>>PSU: 400W
>>>Latest BIOS: 10/2003 1007
>>>

>>>No beep, no nothing. If I replace the new 5200 with an older
>>>graphics card (GeForce NVG25GA), it works fine.
>>
>>You did run seperate power to the video board? If tapping F5 on
>>startup and it won't enter Safe Mode then that card must be bad. I'm
>>running one on that mobo.
>

> Huh? The card plugs into the AGP slot on the mobo and gets its power
> from the mobo.

Some cards require an extra 4 pin connector from the PSU. Check to see
if this is the case with your new card.

TC

sooky grumper wrote:

> TC wrote:

> > > You did run seperate power to the video board? If tapping F5 on
> > > startup and it won't enter Safe Mode then that card must be bad.
> > > I'm running one on that mobo.
> >

> > Huh? The card plugs into the AGP slot on the mobo and gets its
> > power from the mobo.
>
> Some cards require an extra 4 pin connector from the PSU. Check to
> see if this is the case with your new card.

Nope.

>> > Huh? The card plugs into the AGP slot on the mobo and gets its
>> > power from the mobo.
>>
>> Some cards require an extra 4 pin connector from the PSU. Check to
>> see if this is the case with your new card.
>
>Nope.

Sorry about that, my PNY does.
http://www.intelforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=978

TC

Andrew J wrote:

> bad. >> > > I'm running one on that mobo.

> >> Some cards require an extra 4 pin connector from the PSU. Check to
> >> see if this is the case with your new card.
> >
> > Nope.
>
> Sorry about that, my PNY does.
> http://www.intelforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=978

Mine is an ASUS card. I have seen more issues in Google on this than I
would like. I have also contacted ASUS support. Should be easy for
them. My mobo and graphics card came from them.