Trying to replace my reset switch on ATX case

Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:18:19 GMT, "Kris Rawlison" <rawlic@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
>know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?

Normally open.

"Steve Pearce" <*stevepearce@btinternet.com*> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:18:19 GMT, "Kris Rawlison" <rawlic@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
> >know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?
>
> Normally open.

Danke

jt

wrote:

>Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
>know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?

Normally open, momentary contact switch. Resets the system when closed.

JT

Charles

wrote:

>Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
>know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?

I always get these terms mixed up.

You press the switch and you send a signal. Works like a doorbell.
Called a Momentary Switch.

This place sells ATX power on switches:

http://store.yahoo.com/directron/atxswitch.html

You can probably find something similar at radio shack or somewhere
where they are throwing cases or old computers away. Nothing wrong
with taking an old computer apart.

There are ATX and MATX switches like they use to use on a PII or
older. The older switces had 4 wires. ATX switches have 2 wires.

You can start a computer without a switch. Just take any metal
screwdriver and touch the right 2 pins on the motherboard where the
rest of the case connectors plug in. Normally a MB Manual tells you
where to plug in the switch.

groove

Kris Rawlison said this...

> Hey, I'm trying to replace the reset switch on my ATX case, and I need to
> know, is it a normally open or normally closed switch?

N/O

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º