Wpa

Firstly thank you to anyone who responds to this post

The problem is this for a while i have had a wireless router and my pc
connects to it via wireless card with no drama's I have also WPA enabled
again all is well

Problem

I have bought a laptop with an internal broadcom wirless network card, When
I enable WPA the latop can see the network but will not connect after a
period of "aquiring network address" subsequent removal of WPA and all is
well apart from the laptop dops the connection every now and then

Downloaded latest drivers = no success

Router = belkin

Wireless network card = belkin

Anyone any ideas before I start shelling out cash

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    I had a similar problem, had me climbing the walls but in the end I found
    that it was Netscape Navigator that the router didn't like (I used it to
    access the config page on the router to set up the WPA). I changed to IE,
    tried setting everything up again from scratch and it's been fine. I also
    found that the belkin router I had (can't remember the model) needed
    regularly rebooting during the setting up of WPA.

    Dunno if that helps, but worth mentioning.

    Andy

    "sinner" <tonoavailuk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Firstly thank you to anyone who responds to this post
    >
    > The problem is this for a while i have had a wireless router and my pc
    > connects to it via wireless card with no drama's I have also WPA enabled
    > again all is well
    >
    > Problem
    >
    > I have bought a laptop with an internal broadcom wirless network card,
    When
    > I enable WPA the latop can see the network but will not connect after a
    > period of "aquiring network address" subsequent removal of WPA and all is
    > well apart from the laptop dops the connection every now and then
    >

    > Downloaded latest drivers = no success
    >
    > Router = belkin
    >
    > Wireless network card = belkin
    >
    > Anyone any ideas before I start shelling out cash
    >
    > Thank you

Wireless Wireless Networking