Recomendation or Comments on Video Capture w/ATI

bc4

Does anybody have a recommendation on a ATI video board for video
capture? I really don't need the TV features of the AIW boards. I've
been to the ATI website and got confused and what's with all the
different connectors for DVI?

Thanks

the ati cards (and really all analog capture cards) can be difficult to get
working properly. check out this site to learn more about the ati cards but
be warned he's very pro ati so his opinions are a bit skewed in that
direction.

www.lordsmurf.com

check out this sites capture card section to find alternatives, the most
popular by far being the canopus advc-100.

www.dvdrhelp.com

"BC" <blc19@nospahotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have a recommendation on a ATI video board for video
> capture? I really don't need the TV features of the AIW boards. I've
> been to the ATI website and got confused and what's with all the
> different connectors for DVI?
>
> Thanks

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I used the card in the following link to build two systems for customers
that wanted to capture video from their Hi8 and Digital Camcorders.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-125-111&depa=0

It works great. Install the drivers on the included CD. Then, go to ATI's
website and download Multi-Media Center 8 (MMC 8) and install. However, make
sure the latest codec package is installed first. Just follow the directions
on ATI's site.

Hope this helps,
D.