Connecting Front USB/Audio to Mobo

TC

I have an Realcase case with USB and audio inputs in the front. I have
an ASUS mobo (A7NX8) but I can't seem to find where they plug into the
mobo. Do I have to get a card for this?

TC

TC wrote:

> I have an Realcase case with USB and audio inputs in the front. I
> have an ASUS mobo (A7NX8) but I can't seem to find where they plug
> into the mobo. Do I have to get a card for this?

I think I found the USB plug socket. The audio is marked as:

MIC2* *AGND
MICPWR* *+5VA
Line out_R* *BLINE_OUT_R
NC*
Line out_L* *BLINE_OUT_L

The plugs from the front of the case are:

M BIAS
M IN
Speaker R (one wire, two plugs)
Speaker L (one wire, two plugs)
Ground

Is this the right spot? How should they match up?

TC wrote:
> TC wrote:
>

>>I have an Realcase case with USB and audio inputs in the front. I
>>have an ASUS mobo (A7NX8) but I can't seem to find where they plug
>>into the mobo. Do I have to get a card for this?
>

> I think I found the USB plug socket. The audio is marked as:
>
> MIC2* *AGND
> MICPWR* *+5VA
> Line out_R* *BLINE_OUT_R
> NC*
> Line out_L* *BLINE_OUT_L
>

> The plugs from the front of the case are:
>
> M BIAS (attach to MICPWR*)
> M IN (attach to MIC2*
> Speaker R (one wire, two plugs)(+ wire to Line out_R*; the - wire to *BLINE_OUT_R

> Speaker L (one wire, two plugs) as above, on the _L 's
> Ground (attach this to *AGND)
>
> Is this the right spot? How should they match up?
You are confusing the AUDIO connector on the board, with the USB!

Yes. almost a perfect matchup AUDIO wise, so that is as I labeled it, up
above!

BUT, the USB will be another nine (9) pins in two rows, somewhere on
the mainboard.

PLEASE go over to the on-line manual for your mainboard, on the
manufacturer's website, where ALL of this is displayed!

TC

Patrick wrote:

> TC wrote:
> > TC wrote:
> >

> > > I have an Realcase case with USB and audio inputs in the front. I
> > > have an ASUS mobo (A7NX8) but I can't seem to find where they plug
> > > into the mobo. Do I have to get a card for this?
> >

> > I think I found the USB plug socket. The audio is marked as:
> >
> > MIC2* *AGND
> > MICPWR* *+5VA
> > Line out_R* *BLINE_OUT_R
> > NC*
> > Line out_L* *BLINE_OUT_L
> >

> > The plugs from the front of the case are:
> >
> > M BIAS (attach to MICPWR*)
> > M IN (attach to MIC2*
> > Speaker R (one wire, two plugs)(+ wire to Line out_R*; the - wire
> > to *BLINE_OUT_R
>
> > Speaker L (one wire, two plugs) as above, on the _L 's
> > Ground (attach this to *AGND)
> >
> > Is this the right spot? How should they match up?
> You are confusing the AUDIO connector on the board, with the USB!
>
> Yes. almost a perfect matchup AUDIO wise, so that is as I labeled it,
> up above!
>
> BUT, the USB will be another nine (9) pins in two rows, somewhere on
> the mainboard.
>
> PLEASE go over to the on-line manual for your mainboard, on the
> manufacturer's website, where ALL of this is displayed!

I've got the USB set. But I'm still working on the audio. Here's a
post I made to the ASUS forum:

The mobo is:

MIC2* *AGND
MICPWR* *+5VA
Line out_R* *BLINE_OUT_R
NC*
Line out_L* *BLINE_OUT_L

The plugs from the front of the case are:

M BIAS
M IN
Speaker R (one wire, two plugs)
Speaker L (one wire, two plugs)
Ground

This is how I connected the wires:

MIC2 -> M IN
MICPWR -> M BIAS
Line out_R* *BLINE_OUT_R -> R Speaker (both plugs)
NC*
Line out_L* *BLINE_OUT_L -> L Speaker (both plugs)
AGND -> Ground

Headphones work front and back. Audio works fine in the back but poor
in the front. That is, using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the volume
check is good but fails on the sound quality part of the test. It
works fine plugging into the rear panel.

Any thoughts?