Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Win 7 XP Mode resolutions available.

Last response: in Windows 7
November 2, 2009 4:32:00 AM

I'm running Win XP with 2 Nvidia 7300 GT video cards. The first card provides 2560 x 1024 to 2 19" monitors (1280 x 1024 each). The second card provides 1280 x 1024 to a third monitor. I have yet to try Win 7 and XP Mode and I am wondering what resolution(s) I can get? I have large XLS' that span 2 monitors and would like to be able to do that under XP Mode. Any one know, or can check, what resolutions the emulated display driver can provide. Thanks.

More about : win mode resolutions

a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2009 1:48:47 PM

Just out of curiosity: What do you use a three-monitor setup for? Uber-mega-jumbo productivity, I suppose. Gaming? Graphic design?
November 2, 2009 10:09:50 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Just out of curiosity: What do you use a three-monitor setup for? Uber-mega-jumbo productivity, I suppose. Gaming? Graphic design?

Stictly business. The XLS' that we use are 2-4 MB and rather than continous panning back and forth on 1 monitor I stretch it over 2. The 3rd monitor I then have Outlook.

We are slowly migrating to Win 7 but have some legacy apps that need to run under XP.

That's why my question stands as to what resolutions are available under XP Mode.

D
!