Video/GPU Fan - 2 wires vs 3 wires

TC

I have a GeForce Ti 4200 with a broken Prolink fan. It has two wires
that attach to the vid card. All the replacements I see have 3 wires.
What gives? I don't have an extra fan socket as it's being used be an
extra fan.

TC wrote:
> I have a GeForce Ti 4200 with a broken Prolink fan. It has two wires
> that attach to the vid card. All the replacements I see have 3 wires.
> What gives? I don't have an extra fan socket as it's being used be an
> extra fan.

You might want to entertain the option of buying a 4pin molex to 3pin
fan splitter and hook the replacement fan right to the PSU power.