Network setup

I recently had a network setup that had been working for a long time. My
hard drive failed and I had to re-install XP Professional from scratch.
(Actually since I have an upgrade I had to install windows 98 and then
reinstall XP but do not get me going) I can no longer get the computer using
wireless access to get full network capabilities.

My previous setup was computer A with XP pro linked to a Linksys router
WRT54G by cable and computer B linked via a Linksys wireless adapter (WUB11).
I had set this up over a year ago and it had been working with no problems.
I had installed the latest linksys drivers shortly before the crash.

After the re-installation of XP the network no longer worked. When I tried
to rebuild it the best I can do is get computer B to see the wireless
network it it cannnot connect to it.

Can anyone help

Have you downloaded and applied Service Pack 2 and then all available
updates? There are multiple updates for wireless networking and to
insure you have the best chance of success, you should download these
updates. I expect that you may also need to download the latest driver
for your wireless adapter as well.

Can you start with Service Pack 2 and other updates?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

And in case no one mentions it, you don't have to install Win98, just have
the CD available.

Clark