kingston memory question

in yesterday's ad i saw that circuit city has kingston memory,512 ddr
pc2700 strips for 50 bucks.the model number is kvr333512r,which i
can't find anywhere,not even on the kingston site.will this memory be
compatible with say a nforce2 motherboard or is it just too cheep and
off brand to be any good?

"sam unwise" <datrooper> wrote in message
> in yesterday's ad i saw that circuit city has kingston memory,512 ddr
> pc2700 strips for 50 bucks.the model number is kvr333512r,which i
> can't find anywhere,not even on the kingston site.will this memory be
> compatible with say a nforce2 motherboard or is it just too cheep and
> off brand to be any good?

It will work fantastic for you in an nforce2 board. I've got a pair of them
running on nforce2 right now. RAM model numbers change so fast, I'd be
surprised to find every retail item listed on the web somewhere. It's also
likely that Circuit City screwed up the real model number somehow. That
almost looks like an abbreviation of a model number. Go for it. As long as
it's Kingston, and PC2700, you should be very happy with it. -Dave