Buggy Boy is lusted after in this newsgroup and it seems many people are
awaiting its promotion to working. Will this game the last of the true
classics to be emulated?
--
FSogol

FSogol wrote:
> Buggy Boy is lusted after in this newsgroup and it seems many people are
> awaiting its promotion to working. Will this game the last of the true
> classics to be emulated?

Could be. Hopefully sounds for Star Fire and Fire One wont be far away
either.

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

See my custom built upright and cocktail cabinets at:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

Come to chat in #tombstones on preacher.foreverchat.net:6660-6667,7000

MAME: Forever Young!

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:59:08 -0400, FSogol <FSogol@nospamplease.org>
wrote:

>Buggy Boy is lusted after in this newsgroup and it seems many people are
>awaiting its promotion to working. Will this game the last of the true
>classics to be emulated?

I feel stupid for saying this, but I never heard of the game. When I
first read a reference to it a few years ago, I looked on KLOV.
When I didn't see it listed there, I assumed it to be a running joke!

Tim

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

8<-----Snipped

> I think it's because most of us played the C64, Atari ST or Amiga
> versions a lot, back when it came out. It was a big hit in Europe then.
> I think most of us who want to see this game again are europeans.

I am european so to speak, but I actually bought this game for the ST
*AFTER* playing it in the arcades.

> I wouldn't label Buggy Boy an arcade classic, imo it was more of a
> classic on the home formats.

Whaaaat!!! How dare you! ;-) Of course it's a classic. Seriously, I
dont know how popular Buggy Boy was across europe, but in the UK it was
a hit, so popular in fact that I believe it was this that was responable
for driving sales of the home versions :)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

Tim O wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:59:08 -0400, FSogol <FSogol@nospamplease.org>
> wrote:
>

>>Buggy Boy is lusted after in this newsgroup and it seems many people are
>>awaiting its promotion to working. Will this game the last of the true
>>classics to be emulated?
>

> I feel stupid for saying this, but I never heard of the game. When I
> first read a reference to it a few years ago, I looked on KLOV.
> When I didn't see it listed there, I assumed it to be a running joke!
>
> Tim

Polybius is listed there too :)

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

See my custom built upright and cocktail cabinets at:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

Come to chat in #tombstones on preacher.foreverchat.net:6660-6667,7000

MAME: Forever Young!

SuperMappy's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Tim O wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:59:08 -0400, FSogol <FSogol@nospamplease.org>
>> wrote:
>>>Buggy Boy is lusted after in this newsgroup and it seems many people are
>>>awaiting its promotion to working. Will this game the last of the true
>>>classics to be emulated?
>> I feel stupid for saying this, but I never heard of the game. When I
>> first read a reference to it a few years ago, I looked on KLOV.
>> When I didn't see it listed there, I assumed it to be a running joke!

Its listed there, but under the name Speed Buggy (although Buggy boy is in
parenthensis)

> Polybius is listed there too :)

Heh, but it does give factual info

I'm afraid i agree with you. I've played this game on 8 bit computers
(amstrad, spectrum) and didn't know it was an arcade conversion

regards

TRENDING THREADS