pc2100 and barton 2600+

hi,

i got problem with an asus A7N8X-X mobo and barton 2600 and
pc2100 i got no signal on my monitor but i'm sure that the graphic card and
agp port work.

When i get off my ram the PC bip and when i put it on with no gfx card it
didn't bip.

i know that the pc2100 is 266 and barton is 333 fsb but is that the reason
with the pc won't boot ?

All the fan and HD are working when i put the power on

mobo : A7N8X-X
ram : pc2100
cpu : barton 2600+

please help !
TIA

ArSeN|K wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got problem with an asus A7N8X-X mobo and barton 2600 and
> pc2100 i got no signal on my monitor but i'm sure that the graphic card and
> agp port work.
>
> When i get off my ram the PC bip and when i put it on with no gfx card it
> didn't bip.
>
> i know that the pc2100 is 266 and barton is 333 fsb but is that the reason
> with the pc won't boot ?

If you have the FSB set to 333 then its very unlikely that the pc2100
memory will work. So that probably is the reason. If you can jumper the
board to an FSB of 266 you can probably boot, but the processor will be
running slowly. Possibly you can get into the BIOS and set the memory
speed to 266 and the chip speed to 333 but I'm not familiar with this
mobo. Best thing is to get some PC2700 memory though.

> All the fan and HD are working when i put the power on
>
> mobo : A7N8X-X
> ram : pc2100
> cpu : barton 2600+
>

> please help !
> TIA

Ok Ok but this mobo can't select 266 only ... one jumper for 266/333/400 and
one for fsb200

i just got to kill myseft now :) ... or maybe buy some pc2700 :)

Thanks !

"BarryNL" <barry@nospam.nl> a écrit dans le message de
> ArSeN|K wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i got problem with an asus A7N8X-X mobo and barton 2600 and
> > pc2100 i got no signal on my monitor but i'm sure that the graphic card
and
> > agp port work.
> >
> > When i get off my ram the PC bip and when i put it on with no gfx card
it
> > didn't bip.
> >
> > i know that the pc2100 is 266 and barton is 333 fsb but is that the
reason
> > with the pc won't boot ?
>
> If you have the FSB set to 333 then its very unlikely that the pc2100
> memory will work. So that probably is the reason. If you can jumper the
> board to an FSB of 266 you can probably boot, but the processor will be
> running slowly. Possibly you can get into the BIOS and set the memory
> speed to 266 and the chip speed to 333 but I'm not familiar with this
> mobo. Best thing is to get some PC2700 memory though.
>
> > All the fan and HD are working when i put the power on
> >
> > mobo : A7N8X-X
> > ram : pc2100
> > cpu : barton 2600+
> >

> > please help !
> > TIA

I'm using a xp2600 333 fsb cpu running at 333fsb and pc2100 memory at 266
and is fine, I didnt need to change anything at all.