XP PRO > SB LIVE

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Can someone please help..

My sons PC had a SB Live card with for some reason stopped working, so
I replaced the card with a new SB Live, but still no Sound, when
'Media Control Devices' but it found the Game port?
I was in the process of re-build my PC with New Mboard, CPU and memory
so I replaced my sons Mboard, CPU and memory with my old working
parts.
Once booted my sons PC found all the new Hardware but still it stated
that it could not find the 'Media Control Devices'?
When the PC boots the sound card is found by the BIOS
any ideas..
PC spec

Information taken from "MS System Information' programme V7.0.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name STEPHEN
System Manufacturer Not Available
System Model Not Available
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1673 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG,
10/05/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106
(xpsp1.020828-1920)"
User Name XXXXX\XXXXXX
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 511.49 MB
Available Physical Memory 334.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.25 GB
Available Virtual Memory 970.80 MB
Page File Space 770.80 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) OK
IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 10 D-Link DFE-550TX FAST Ethernet 10/100 Adapter OK
IRQ 11 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 OK
IRQ 11 Multimedia Audio Controller OK
IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK

DMA
Channel 2 Standard floppy disk controller OK
Channel 4 Direct memory access controller OK

Problem Devices
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80651102&REV_0A\2&EBB567F&0&60 The
drivers for this device are not installed.

rick wrote:
> Can someone please help..
>
> My sons PC had a SB Live card with for some reason stopped working, so
> I replaced the card with a new SB Live, but still no Sound, when
> 'Media Control Devices' but it found the Game port?
> I was in the process of re-build my PC with New Mboard, CPU and memory
> so I replaced my sons Mboard, CPU and memory with my old working
> parts.
> Once booted my sons PC found all the new Hardware but still it stated
> that it could not find the 'Media Control Devices'?
> When the PC boots the sound card is found by the BIOS
> any ideas..
> PC spec
>
> Information taken from "MS System Information' programme V7.0.
>
> OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
> OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
> System Name STEPHEN
> System Manufacturer Not Available
> System Model Not Available
> System Type X86-based PC
> Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1673 Mhz
> BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG,
> 10/05/2002
> SMBIOS Version 2.3
> Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
> System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
> Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
> Locale United Kingdom
> Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106
> (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
> User Name XXXXX\XXXXXX
> Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
> Total Physical Memory 511.49 MB
> Available Physical Memory 334.00 MB
> Total Virtual Memory 1.25 GB
> Available Virtual Memory 970.80 MB
> Page File Space 770.80 MB
> Page File C:\pagefile.sys
>
> IRQ 0 System timer OK
> IRQ 1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) OK
> IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
> IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
> IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
> IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
> IRQ 10 D-Link DFE-550TX FAST Ethernet 10/100 Adapter OK
> IRQ 11 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 OK
> IRQ 11 Multimedia Audio Controller OK
> IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
> IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
> IRQ 12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse OK
> IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
> IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
> IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
>
> DMA
> Channel 2 Standard floppy disk controller OK
> Channel 4 Direct memory access controller OK
>
> Problem Devices
> Multimedia Audio Controller
> PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80651102&REV_0A\2&EBB567F&0&60 The
> drivers for this device are not installed.

The first 2 things I would look for is that the drivers are installed
and if an onboard sound card exists check to see if it is disabled in
the BIOS